PokeFami

Started by kite200, July 04, 2007, 12:34:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuvio

Cool, thanks for the info about Chiba-ken.  I'll be sure to check it out.

manuel

Corisco has a point there with the prices. I heard from other people that prices went up a little since more and more foreigners started to stray around Akihabara.  ;)
My experience tells me that you have to go to a lot of shops. Also smaller ones. And eventually you'll discover some great stuff. :D

satoshi_matrix

For those who own a Pokefami, I want to know the specs.

-How big is the LCD?
-How big is the entire portible?
-Is the screen backlit?
-What batteries does it take? how many?
-How long do the batteries last?
-How heavy is it?

Possibly post some pictures?

kite200

ALRIGHT I GOT IT SO SATOSHI I'll ANSWER EVERYTHING.

2.5 INCH (DIAGONAL) LCD DISPLAY
150MM wide
44MM fat
91MM tall

IT TAKES 3 AA ALKALINE BATTERIES FTW

weight is 7oz

Now, some first impressions:

The box is hard to open. The flaps are difficult to grab a hold of without damaging. It is difficult to put the plastic tray back when you are done but luckily I did everything fine so my box is still mint. The box itself is quite sylish with a red and white color scheme to match the feel of the famicom system. Inside you get a pokefami, av cables, and some grip thingies which can optionally be attached to the unit. You also get a warranty, manual, and safety information. (warranty is amazing on a unliscensed thing but it's only valid in Japan).
The color of the unit is exactly the same as a famicom, if you put them next to each other there is no difference. The unit itself feels well built and solid. The cartridge slot has a dust flap thingy. It has:

AV OUT
AC/DC IN @ 9v 300mA
Headphone IN
2 controller ports
Volume and Brightness dials.

more coming soon but here's pics

ステキ

133MHz

Wow! Now show us some gameplay shots ;D

Doc

Yeah, does it work good? Looks cool. ;D

madman

I sense another thread about what AC adapter to use for the Pokefami now....

kite200

Didn't I just say it was 9v 300ma?
ステキ

satoshi_matrix

Hows the screen quality? is it backlit? how bright is it? (comared to other handhelds like the GBA SP (frontlit) DS, DSL, PSP, etc.)

kite200

backlit. you can change the brightness setting, making it as dim as the original GBC or as bright as well, bright enough that you cant see anything. there's a dial that let's you change it

also, you get 3 hours of life on 3 aa batteries, much better than the game axe's 3 hours on 8 aas
ステキ

satoshi_matrix

the gameaxe takes six, not eight. How heavy is it? can you compare the weight with other portibles?

kite200

it's 7oz, I said that in my previous post. Basically, same weight as psp/ds etc
ステキ

satoshi_matrix

kite200

I think there's more than one version of the game axe, the guy on ultimate console database has one and he says it takes 8. apparently it's been available since 1989
ステキ

satoshi_matrix

Yeah the older version I have one that has a better quality screen than the original and has a 4" LCD that's bright as hell. but the whole thing weighs just so much it isn't so much a portible handheld as it is a small TV with Famicom built in.