September 15, 2024, 12:17:16 pm

Genesis question

Started by Nightstar699, August 27, 2009, 07:25:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightstar699

Hi i wanted to know if an asian megadrive game will work on a us genesis. I dont know what model it is, but on the system, it says 16 bit, high definition graphics. Thanks
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Rob64

I don't want to say yes or no... although I think yes. And I think you may have a model 1 genesis
Now you're playing with Power

Jollie

August 27, 2009, 08:25:04 pm #2 Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 07:35:36 am by Jollie
ok heres the deal alot of Genesis/MD games are non region locked.if the cartridges are shaped the same way that japanese ones are than you will have to do some modding to your casing of your genny 1 or 2. a model 3 and nomad work perfect b/c the cart slot is the same.
Great Fox will cover you.

Nightstar699

K. Thanks jollie, that pretty much sums it up.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Jollie

mobiusclimber

Quote from: Jollie on August 27, 2009, 08:25:04 pm
ok heres the deal all Genesis/MD games are non region locked.(except castlevania and prob some others) if the cartridges are shaped the same way that japanese ones are than you will have to do some modding to your casing of your genny 1 or 2. a model 3 and nomad work perfect b/c the cart slot is the same.

Am I just misreading this? All the EARLY MD games are non region locked, but pretty much all the later ones are. For instance, I own Dragon Slayer I & II and they won't play on a Genesis. There are LOTS of MD games that are region locked.
Proud owner of Super Smash Games in Tacoma and Seattle

Jollie

August 30, 2009, 04:28:02 pm #6 Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 07:49:33 am by Jollie
ok heres a small list of locked games i know for a fact

DD Maui Mallard NO NTSC-U/J
Castlevania: Bloodlines US Only
Virtua Racing US Only
Exo-Squad US Only
Goofy HHT US Only
The Jungle Book US Only
Pac Attack US Only
Ren And Stimpy US Only
The Ooze NO PAL
ToeJam Earl 2 US Only
WORMS PAL Only
Sonic The Hedgehog 3 US Only
X-Men PAL Only
Zoop US Only
6-Pak Us Only
Street Fighter 2 SCE US Only
Jurassic Park US Only

Pikkon

Its a hit and miss but don't say all games are region free,there are bunch of games that are region locked.

Here's a vid about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9FukrqTUqs