Black Fami Disk...

Started by DevIancE, January 20, 2007, 11:22:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DevIancE

January 22, 2007, 10:27:46 am #15 Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 11:09:22 am by DevIancE
Quote from: JC on January 21, 2007, 10:15:17 pm
Cool, man. Neat to see a Hong Kong Disk System. Hey, did you have any more info on the Mario hacks you've got -- screenshots or details?

I've got the one that was already mentioned, then I've got one that starts out like the original SMB, but after you get past the first few green pipes, some 3 squid fish pop out, and the stage changes from then on out. Then I have a hacked SMB2 with 16 stars on the title screen, and another hacked SMB2 That starts you out on a stage with brown dirt, and has graphics from Super Mario Bros. 3 mixed into, like white music boxes n' such, and all of the Patroopas have weird spiked helmets on.

I would post pics, but I don't have a decent program that utilizes my AV Jacks on my PC yet, All I have is Giga Pocket, and it sucks goat wang. If anyone knows a decent program to use my AV jacks with, I'm all ears...   or eyes rather. :P

madman

Quote from: DevIancE on January 22, 2007, 10:27:46 am
I've the one that was already mentioned, then I've got one that starts out like the original SMB, but after you get past the first few green pipes, some 3 squid fish pop out, and the stage changes from then on out. Then I have a hacked SMB2 with 16 stars on the title screen, and another hacked SMB2 That starts you out on a stage with brown dirt, and has graphics from Super Mario Bros. 3 mixed into, like white music boxes n' such, and all of the Patroopas have weird spiked helmets on.

I think I've got those first 2 hacks as well.  I remember squid fish flying around in 1-1 on at least one disk.  But, I don't believe I've got the one that has the SMB3 stuff in it. 

DevIancE

Quote from: madman on January 22, 2007, 11:02:36 am
Quote from: DevIancE on January 22, 2007, 10:27:46 am
I've the one that was already mentioned, then I've got one that starts out like the original SMB, but after you get past the first few green pipes, some 3 squid fish pop out, and the stage changes from then on out. Then I have a hacked SMB2 with 16 stars on the title screen, and another hacked SMB2 That starts you out on a stage with brown dirt, and has graphics from Super Mario Bros. 3 mixed into, like white music boxes n' such, and all of the Patroopas have weird spiked helmets on.

I think I've got those first 2 hacks as well.  I remember squid fish flying around in 1-1 on at least one disk.  But, I don't believe I've got the one that has the SMB3 stuff in it. 

It's pretty crazy man, the Super Mario sprite looks really weird, and the goombas and piranah plants are all taken from SMB3.