Famiclone identification

Started by AndrewSi, February 04, 2011, 07:56:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewSi

Hi guys/girls new guy here.

Pick this little bugger up today and was wondering who the manufacturer of this famicom clone is. Also what type of AC adaptor specifications are needed to get this thing running? I have searched the forums and found someone else with a similar clone but not the exact same. Anyone else have one like this? Any other info on this machine would greatly be appreciated! ;D

If this has already been answered and gone over a billion times just let me know haha :blinky:

ericj

It most likely uses the same AC Adapter as the original Famicom. That is, 10VDC, center negative polarity, and 700+mA. I have a very similar famiclone and it uses the same thing.

AndrewSi

Thanks, guess I will have to wait until my real famicom comes in the mail since i don't have an AC adaptor that will work.

I might not keep this one so if anyone might be interested in it let me know.

tonev

Nope it is not 10 !!!! it is 9 !! I have the same famiclone

I have many adapters and they all work :)
I am back everyone :)

jpx72

There are many simillar famiclones out there, I can see the 7805 voltage stabilisator/regulator there, so it's ok to use the same adapter as ordinary Famicom. Here's mine simillary looking famiclone:

tonev - the voltage can go up and down a bit (+10%, -10%), like xious is writing here
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=5852.msg90457#msg90457