MOST WANTED FC FAMICOM games - a poll for new carts on demand

Started by OZMA WARS, June 20, 2012, 07:10:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

XiTaU

i have no problems paying $30 for a multi if the game list has some rare titles most sub $5 multi have pretty much all the same lineup of games.

fcgamer

I know that China is still manufacturing some Famicom multis as well.  I have a few that have come from there.  They are big blue (square) multis, that actually have a good selection of newer game on them.  From my experience though, with my multis, it has been hard to sell them here for $20, which is what they cost me in total. 
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

Magicantian

I'm not sure I understand why Multi-Carts are of any interest in this day and age with the release of Flash carts for Famicom coming along with a wide range of Mapper support.

You can patch your own Japanese games to be English and run them on there. and you could store complete archives of every game on it.

I know pirate carts have a certain feel to it, the kooky label, the weird shaped cart but i mean, all that can be replicated by ourselves now. The only part I understand is unlicensed games that are new content, that's like an entirely different story.

If anyone cares to explain the desire for this I'd be interested in hearing.

nerdynebraskan

I think the appeal of pirates today is the same as it was 20 years ago: they're a cheaper way to game. That's a lot of the appeal with flash carts as well, to be sure. But flash carts are still more expensive than most pirates.

There's also the appeal that pirate multis and flash carts are space savers, as both take up less space than the pile of original carts that are being mimicked. For many collectors, both are also an excuse to keep their originals up on a shelf out of harm's way -- to stay pristine forever.

I think there may also be a convenience factor involved in choosing a pirate multi over a flash cart. While some may get a lot of use out of loading their flash cart with all the right games/language patches/etc., I could also see other gamers shying away from that as a lot of work. With a pirate, you just pop the sucker in, and you go straight to the gaming.

But take my opinion with a grain of salt. I'm the kind of collector that goes out of my way to do my gaming on original copies. I primarily rely on repro carts to play unreleased games and translated imports. I don't have a flash cart, and I've never used one. I only have two pirate multicarts.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

nusilver

Quote from: 80sFREAK on May 09, 2013, 01:44:51 am
Sorry, dude, for most community China=volmerates=$3.99FREE_SHIPPING

P.S. FW will not consume 300 carts, i bet for 100 max

Is volumerates even open still? Last few times I tried to check their inventory, the site was down.

manuel

Volumerates is gone, but similar sites pop up now and then for a few weeks.

fcgamer

Quote from: Magicantian on May 18, 2013, 04:51:01 pm
I'm not sure I understand why Multi-Carts are of any interest in this day and age with the release of Flash carts for Famicom coming along with a wide range of Mapper support.

You can patch your own Japanese games to be English and run them on there. and you could store complete archives of every game on it.

I know pirate carts have a certain feel to it, the kooky label, the weird shaped cart but i mean, all that can be replicated by ourselves now. The only part I understand is unlicensed games that are new content, that's like an entirely different story.

If anyone cares to explain the desire for this I'd be interested in hearing.

If I can have a multicart or a single cart with the same game on it, I will choose the single cart any day of the week.  This goes for unlicensed stuff, pirated stuff, etc, and if I were trying just to get the games on multis, I might even be done collecting by now.

Sometimes I like multicarts just to have quick access to some games (I would rather play on a multicart than a flash cart, flash cart is just bottom of the food chain for me).  On the other hand, most of the multis in my collection are just for historical purposes only, and don't get played too much,
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

Farid

This is a good idea but the price is really high and there is not much people willing to support.

As a FC and NES fan I have always enjoyed with FC and NES stuff, until recently by playing the games and now by designing the cartridges and maybe in he future by designing the games!
Remaking a cartridge PCB is really easy and everyone can do it at home.
For example this is what I made last week at home :

But still I really have a hard time on making the connector!
I wonder if it is possible to just order the connector and plastic case of it?
So that we can remake any games that we want at home easily!
Also we can help each other to make more complected designs and learn a lot and have fun along the way!
What do you think?  :D

Farid

Quote from: 80sFREAK on July 12, 2013, 01:29:34 am
All good. Think about mapper 90  ::)

Is it possible to make it with TTLs then emulate it on a CPLD?

80sFREAK

I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

Farid

Quote from: 80sFREAK on July 12, 2013, 04:11:25 pm
Anything is possible.

Nice!
What software and CPLD is the best for this purpose?
Do I need to use programming language (VHDL or Verilog) for designing every gate?
Is there any software to design the gates visually?
I have a lot of Xilinx XC2C64A in my stock, but I have never used iMpact, can I use them for this purpose?

80sFREAK

I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy