Does a Private Collector Own a Disk Writer?

Started by TurtleKirby1234, May 20, 2024, 12:18:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TurtleKirby1234

Is it possible that Nintendo accidentally forgot to collect one of the writers from a Japanese store after its discontinuation, and ended up in the hands of someone else?

P.S. It doesn't seem like the original writers were destroyed, or at least all of them, since I heard that Nintendo rented one of their writers for a movie.
How do I write a signature again?

portnoyd

No known units have made it out, but it's possible that in Japan, someone has one. However, knowing Japanese collectors, we will never know they have it.

TurtleKirby1234

Quote from: portnoyd on May 20, 2024, 08:03:57 amNo known units have made it out, but it's possible that in Japan, someone has one. However, knowing Japanese collectors, we will never know they have it.
What about the ROM for the writer? Has that been dumped online?
How do I write a signature again?

P

I heard Nintendo kept at least one Disk Writer which they put in their museum. Nintendo would need to have access for it to make this clip here.

Though the Disk Writer is supposed to be powered by a normal Famicom, so the software might just be a normal Famicom ROM cartridge that runs in any Famicom, which means they might not need the whole vending machine cabinet to make that video.

Skawo

P

Heh, I mean if it's a normal Famicom it would have the same composite PPU.