September 28, 2024, 08:07:58 am

Cai System

Started by JC, January 01, 2010, 08:52:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

Has anyone heard of Cai System or know if it's even Famicom? The cart looks like it's Famicom. I'm very curious to find out what kind of games might've come in a cart like that -- probably just lame pirates of common games. Maybe it's a cart from one of those cart-copying devices.

nintendodork

What would lead you to think that they aren't Famicom games?  Is there something strange about them?  From the labels, they look like regular ol' pirates to me.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

JC

There's no they. I'm talking only about the Cai cart at top-left, and I ask because I've run into some carts that look very much like Famicom carts with slight differences in shape that turn out not to be Famicom.

Bramsworth

Seems like it's some sort of teaching cart if the characters are anything to go by. Math?

It certainly looks like a Famicom cart. What are these other things you've come across that have a similar shape but aren't Famicom carts? Sounds interesting :)

nensondubois

Did you try the cart on a Famicom?

nintendodork

If the picture has more than one thing in it that isn't even related to the thread, I'm pretty sure he got it from an auction site or something, which would make it impossible to count the pins or try it in a Famicom.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

133MHz

I disagree. The 'key' grooves on the plastic (the ones that prevent you from inserting a Famicom cart the wrong way around) doesn't seem like they would fit on a Famicom. The sides are perfectly straight and the cartridge is slightly asymmetrical (it looks like the only key groove is the rightmost one). But again, that's only my speculation.

JC

It's a pic from an auction site, so the only way to know for sure is to find someone with a similar cart or someone who knows something about Cai.

JC

Actually, it looks like the cart is thinner than the standard Famicom cart, so the grooves are probably unnecessary.

nensondubois

Maybe the seller knows.