Final Fantasy X-2

Started by jbholio, August 05, 2010, 11:15:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbholio

How do you save in Final Fantasy X-2?  I always start from the begenning after my system has been turn off. Game looks fun but I need to save.

i heart yuna

As I discussed with jbholio, I am going to check and see if my copy saves. To be honest I played it for about 2+ hours when I was writing an article about it. I think that I saved, but haven't turned it on since. I am going to dive back into this thing to see if I can make my copy glitch the same way jbholio's copy did for him.
Famicom Club! http://www.famicom.ca

jbholio

I tried removing the battery and replacing on the board it but it doesn't seem to save either. I'm sure there's a possibility to save because there are 2 options in the title screen menu. One must be for a new game and the other to load a game.

133MHz

Most likely the battery is dead. Replace it and observe correct orientation when installing it. ;)

jbholio

I used the battery from another game and I'm still starting from the beginning. Maybe I don't know how to save. This is why I wanted another member from the forum to confirm their cartridge is saving. I'm pretty sure the saving option is the 5th one in the menu. It would suck that I got a defective cartridge because this game look awesome. Graphics and music are great (for a chinese original). The only major problem is that the damn finger cursor is moving even if I don't push a button on the controller which is very annoying. Plus, I don't know if it's only my cartridge but in battles there are squares in the bottom of the screen.

manuel

With such cheaply made games, even if there is a save function there's no guarantee that it will save. Might be a faulty cart.

jbholio

Bump!  Can anyone help me? Trenton had more than 1 copy of the game for sale, so I guess other members got it.  If you have Final Fantasy X-1 or X-3, does the game save?

Xious

Likewise, it's always possible that the programmers 'forgot' to implement saving.

X-2 is in Mandarin, right? Have you tried parsing the menu options through a translator? It may be something weird too, like in Hydlide where you have to save twice, first with one option, then the other. Chinese originals are also bad at actually giving some indication that they actually saved. The Triforce of the Gods clone has a save feature, and it works, but you select it and it looks like nothing happens: No visual or audio cues whatsoever.

Keep in mind that you can check your batter with a multimetre without having to remove it. just put a probe on the positive terminal and the other on the negative terminal, and see if it reads correctly.

I suggest starting a game, doing something minimal, and trying every possible combination of menu options to see if you can save. Then power off, and see if something loqds back to where you left off. In my experience, loading saved Chinese original saves restores everything, including position on the overworld map, but you should also check to see if your stats, EXP or equipment changes are intact.

If nothing works, then either you have a bad cart, or it's impossible to save at all.

That's the only problem with Chinese original RPGs...and the only think that keeps me from enjoying them: the language barrier. I know enough Mandarin to 'pray where toilet find?'...

Too bad they don't make more platformers and Zelda clones. That's be awesome, but RPG engines are easy to reprogram: Change the tiles and dialogue, slap on a title screen and a little generic music then bang! NEW GAME!'

-Xious