How do you have your consoles set-up on your TV?

Started by FamicomRetroGamer, January 22, 2011, 12:42:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomRetroGamer

I'm think in near future where I'll transfer my whole gaming collection, that HDMI/SCART switchers will become very handy.

But the problem is, some of them are only available via RF connection no SCART, and RF switchers don't exist (I've seen plug-in 2) so it leaves me that I will use a CRT TV for them?

I don't want to use more than one or two TV's (1 HDTV + 1 CRT) if they're not needed to all work.

linkzpikachu

FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

FamicomRetroGamer

UglyJoe

What I'm doing now is running a single RCA cable from the RF-out of my consoles into a RCA switcher.  The output from the switcher has an RF adapter hooked up to the TV.  Cheap and easy.

You could also daisy chain the RF adapters, but I imagine that'll degrade your signal eventually.

Agent X

Still using an old MADCATZ switcher box I procured in 1996, and still playing on
an old fashioned CRT TV set.  Eventually I'll get me a super duper HDTV, but it's
really not a priority.
Gaming peaked in the 8-Bit & 16-Bit eras...
all else is just rehashes and insanity passing
itself off as "gaming."
~Agent X

Rob64

The way I have it now (even though it's in 2 separate rooms) is I have 3 TV's.

1 old 1983 TV for all of my RF consoles
1 TV (that I need to replace but need channel 95) is for all of my AV systems and my Japanese Systems
and 1 TV that is for the Wii

For the 1983 TV, I had to get an adapter to go from UHF (or VHF, I forget which) to coaxial. Then I wired it to a 5 input - 1 output splitter to network all of the RF systems to the TV (it's a great TV for my Zapper  games)

The Wii TV was just a side AV input, woo.

This TV is an interesting case (or will be once I replace it with the right TV). There is a coaxial input on the back that I use to connect the Famicom (the only system I need for it). But there is only one AV input. So by the time I am done hunting the rest of my consoles to collect, I will have a network of 2 maybe 3 AV splitters using the RCA brand for their simplicity.

And don't get me started as to how the heck I networked the AC adapters together, right now it's sitting as a fire hazard in the concrete basement... something I will remedy when I am in my house and can have a proper game room.

What I would probably do (worst case scenario for one outlet) is have a network of power strips with one main power strips to control any other power strips and the TV's that will be shut off when the room is not in use.
Now you're playing with Power

modeltfordman

I have my ps3 and 360 hooked up via hdmi switch. The Wii is hd composite. The saturn, dreamcast, n64, cube, twin famicom and nes are all on a rca system selector.

Pikkon

Well I have two tv''s in my room,one is for retro gaming the other for HD gaming.

fredJ

Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

b1aCkDeA7h

28" LCD TV in a big entertainment center designed for old school 27" tube TVs.

Everything hooked up to one of two AV Selectors as follows:

JVC JX-S777 (S-Video and Component powered AV Switcher)

S-Video (with composite to S-Video scale up):
-SNES, Super Famicom, AV Famicom, Genesis Model 2, NES, N64

Component
-Wii, PS2, and occasionally a PSP

Kramer VGA Switcher
-Dreamcast, second PC, Laptop

RF
-Atari 2600

amurphy245

Everything i have is hooked up to RGB or the next best thing,i have an automatic switchbox too so just turn on a system and it comes on tv.

guineapig64

We have a total of five tv's in our house but only four of them have some of my game systems hooked up to them.

The first tv has the Super Mario edition red Nintendo Wii and the XBOX 360 hooked up to it and they are both on an audio/video connection.  The second tv has the Famicom, Famicom Disk System, and the Japanese Nintendo 64 hooked up to it.  Both the Famicom and the Famicom Disk System are on the audio/video connection and I have the Japanese Nintendo 64 hooked up to an RF Switch connection.  The third tv has the Atari 2600, Super Nintendo, and the American Nintendo 64 hooked to it.  I have the American Nintendo 64 hooked through an audio/video connection and I have the Atari 2600 connected to the Super Nintendo's RF Switch but they're both set to different channels.  Last but not least, the fourth tv has the NES, Sega Genesis, and the Nintendo Game Cube hooked to it.  Both the NES and the Nintendo Game Cube are hooked to an audio/video connection and the Sega Genesis is hooked through the RF Switch connection.

That's the way I have it all set up at the moment.