Accessing secret screen in Final Fantasy III

Started by cadethian, July 02, 2013, 10:58:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cadethian

Hi all, I'm trying to access the secret "By Nasir" screen mentioned in this Cutting Room Floor page: http://tcrf.net/Final_Fantasy_III_%28NES%29
The article says to hold Left, Up, Start, and Select, hit reset, and then release select. It makes no mention of where or when to do this, so I've tried it at the file select screen. It doesn't seem to work. I found the code on gamefaqs, and they have the same buttons, but it seems that they direct you to hold the buttons while the power is off, then turn it on, and release select when you reach a black screen. I never reach such a screen, just the file select screen.
It's probably important to note that I'm attempting this with a japanese famicom and cartridge, not an NES reproduction or an emulator.
Anybody have any insight into this?

cadethian

I remain unable to access the secret screen or find any more information about it on the internet. Anyone at least know of somewhere else I could look for information?

security16

I think you may have been a victim of some internet trickery. Though I cannot confirm nor deny that it does or doesn't exist but i'm rather skeptical about it

satoshi_matrix

Well, the same thing occurs in the other games too, so it's probably true. Try asking on nesdev.