What games did you beat on Famicom's 30th Birthday?

Started by FamilyMan, July 15, 2013, 05:59:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FamilyMan

I got Mickey Mania 7 in the mail today and beat it.  :redcart: Long live the Famicom!  :'( To a lifetime's worth of gaming on the Famicom!

I really would like to hear some other fellow members played who have played the white and red console today.  :gamer:

Cheers fellow Famicom lovers!  :question: :help: :question:

- Collecting should be about owning the games as much as playing them!

nerdynebraskan

I didn't beat anything today. I did play Insector X for the first time, and that's a fun game. I'm glad I chased it for as long as I did. I reached stage five, and game-overed a couple of times on the boss there. Just now, I played some Wai Wai World 2. I did pretty well on that for a while, but the Bump N Jump-style level's boss was too much for me.

Happy Birthday, Famicom! Here's to 30 more years of these games!
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

FamilyMan

I actually beat both those games recently! Both great games you'll have fun on them. Insector X final boss took me an hour or more to beat!  ;)

treismac

I've been playing a handful of Famicom games to celebrate the big Three "O," of which I only "beat" Yie Ar Kung Fu.

FamilyMan

Quote from: treismac on July 15, 2013, 09:01:43 pm
I've been playing a handful of Famicom games to celebrate the big Three "O," of which I only "beat" Yie Ar Kung Fu.

Beautiful, I just beat Power Rangers for Famicom. So simple and short! ;)

Cheetahmen

I beat Donkey Kong Jr. from what I remember, assuming that counts. :P
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

Nightstar699

I beat the following.

1. Spartan X-2
2. Saiyuuki World 2
3. Batman Dynamite
4. Kage
5. Jigoku Gokuraku Maru
6. Dragon Fighter
7. Parasol Henbee
8. Contra
9. Ninja Ryukenden 3
10. Super Mario Bros USA
11. Super Mario Bros
12. Kamen No Ninja Hanamaru
13. Kaiketsu Yanchamaru 2
14. Kero Kero Keroppi No Daibouken 2
15. Don Doko Don 2
16. Pizza Pop
17. Ducktales 2
18. Solbrain
19. Choujin Sentai Jetman
20. Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu
21. Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger

Failed my 30-game completion challenge.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

L___E___T

You beat 21 games, that is nothing short of win.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

nerdynebraskan

Solid effort, nightstar. You beat 21 more games than I did yesterday.

Nightstar699

Thank you guys. Next year I'll go for 31!

Regarding the boss of the driving stage in Wai Wai World 2, I know there is some sort of gun powerup you can get which should make it much easier. But I usually don't have that powerup, I wait until he moves closer to the side, so I can bump into him without risk of being pushed off the road myself.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Drakon

nerdynebraskan

I definitely have some work to do before I can beat Wai Wai World 2. I did pick up the missiles a couple of times before the boss, but it's actually pretty dangerous to use them. There's not much margin for error in avoiding the barrels that come out of the Dragon Truck when you have to ride up right behind it to shoot it with missiles. I think I had more success bumping it from the side. I had never faced that boss before, and I'll need more practice to get the timing of the fight down.

I was honestly kind of missing the ability to smash cars by jumping on them from Bump N Jump. Did Konami even have anything to do with that game? I don't think I've played a Konami game that was anything like that stage.