ice climbers

Started by kite200, June 29, 2007, 10:10:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kite200

does anyone like this game? i've been playing it. some things that I noticed were awesome was the infinite continues, cuz this game is hard, but the controls are pretty weak. what do you guys think of it?
ステキ

FamicomFreak

I like the game but I don't like the way they jump it's not very accurate!! I always fall down :(
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

kite200

yeah, I hate the jumping, mainly im just trying to get to the 32nd level so I can be done with it and move on to the next game I have to beat right now
ステキ

satoshi_matrix

Ice Climber is game pirates aparently love a lot. I have a 150-in 1 multicart and at least 60 of the supposedly 150 games are Ice Climber in one form or another. Ice Climber, Digdug, and Adventure Island. Yay for 150 games.

Jabra

I have a pirated copy. It doesn't have infinite continues, but it has a level select option in the title screen. What about the original game ?

Doc

I love the game. I just think the jumping is horrid. The Bonus Game at the end of every level is pretty much impossible to do because of it.

kite200

the jumping is horrid, the controls suck, but its a decent game, there is no infinite continue technically, but the level select acts as one since if you play to say, level 6, the level select automatically shows that, so you can just pick up where you died. it's helpfull since the gmae is impossible to beat on 3 lives
ステキ

SuperMarioBrosSuperShow

I like the game.  I thought it was pretty decent, especially being one of the first games ever made by Nintendo

keiffer01

I just finished the game today, and yeah the controls SUCK ASS! The game is also pretty boring, and has no point  and story at all! I'm still wondering why in the heck nintendo chose to include the Ice Climbers over Pit from Kid Icarus in Super Smash Melee!? I mean, come on!? Ice Climber sucked ass compared to Kid Icarus, which was also one of Nintendo's first releases. I know Pit is going to be in Brawl, but they could of added him earlier in Melee instead of those ugly eskimos! >:(

kite200

did you do it on only 3 lives or did you just use the level select to continue? I dont see how 3 lives is possible with THESE controls. I'm so sick of this game once I beat it im deleting it from my wii menu
ステキ

kite200

i finished it, god the last level was ezmode compared to some of the other ones. glad to be done
ステキ

Profeta Yoshitake

Quote from: kite200 on June 30, 2007, 07:03:34 pm
did you do it on only 3 lives or did you just use the level select to continue? I don't see how 3 lives is possible with THESE controls. I'm so sick of this game once I beat it I'm deleting it from my wii menu

Hey! The Wii version supports level selecting?
What a cheat!  :)
I just love this game!
Do you recognize any similarity with Mario Bros. in it?
I do: the crap jumping!
It was done based on Mario Bros. programming patterns, I think...
Now Playing: Dragon Ball Fusions, Yggdra Union

keiffer01

did you do it on only 3 lives or did you just use the level select to continue? I dont see how 3 lives is possible with THESE controls. I'm so sick of this game once I beat it im deleting it from my wii menu
Well when ever I lost all of my three lives I would continue on the level I died on. I surprisingly completed all the game in about an hour, and I even got most of the bonuses...even the one on the last level! :)

Profeta Yoshitake

Quote from: keiffer01 on July 01, 2007, 09:47:15 am
Well when ever I lost all of my three lives I would continue on the level I died on. I surprisingly completed all the game in about an hour, and I even got most of the bonuses...even the one on the last level! :)

Damn!
Nintendo weakened this game to not scare the "casual gamers"?
To take over Ice Climber within 1 hour is far beyond
my strength, my will, myself!

I shall try out the cartridge version again and again... and again!
Now Playing: Dragon Ball Fusions, Yggdra Union

FamicomFreak

ahh the game has an ending? I never knew that going to try it on my psp when I get home.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com