ice climbers

Started by kite200, June 29, 2007, 10:10:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc

Spoil for the ending for those that will never beat this game please. ;)

keiffer01

No people the game absolutely does NOT have an ending! Once you finish the game the game loops back to the first level. The only ending you can get is the Game Over screen ;)

Switchstance

Quote from: keiffer01 on June 30, 2007, 06:59:41 pm
I just finished the game today, and yeah the controls SUCK ASS! The game is also pretty boring, and has no point  and story at all! I'm still wondering why in the heck nintendo chose to include the Ice Climbers over Pit from Kid Icarus in Super Smash Melee!? I mean, come on!? Ice Climber sucked ass compared to Kid Icarus, which was also one of Nintendo's first releases. I know Pit is going to be in Brawl, but they could of added him earlier in Melee instead of those ugly eskimos! >:(

'cause was made for nostalgic purposes. Ice Climber was a nice game man, Kid Icarus was better, but it wasn't a 16k game. So they decide to put some history in Super Sash Melee. It's nice to use them in that game.
Story on Ice Climber? Man, where do you live? In those times, most games doesn't have story at all.
Be fair, you cannot compare Ice Climber with Kid Icarus.
Famicom lover

madman

Kid Icarus one of Nintendo's first releases?  In Japan it came out 3 years after the Famicom came out, in the US, nearly 2 years.

Complaining that it has no story is like complaining that Asteroids has no story.

Profeta Yoshitake

Quote from: madman on July 04, 2007, 01:02:27 pm
Complaining that it has no story is like complaining that Asteroids has no story.

You just can't say that!
Are you mad, man?
The story behind Asteroids is pretty deep and started at 2089 with a nuclear war
between two galactic races....

:D Just kiddin', man!

By the way, if Ice Climber had a story it should be "cool".  ;D
Now Playing: Dragon Ball Fusions, Yggdra Union

FamicomFreak

interesting info again! lol I will try to beat ice climbers later today
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

djdac

I might have missed it, but are there differences between the japanese & american versions of ice climber?

UglyJoe

In the Japanese version, you club seals.  In the US version, you club little snowball creature things.  There might be other changes as well.

keiffer01

Yeah I also noticed that from my pirate cartridge. Think it looks better with seals than the white bird thingys :)

Kuvio

I love Ice Climbers, it's one of my favorite games. Yeah I know the controls are not the best but I think it adds to the game in a way. You really have to get a feel of the stages and get down the timing. If it wasn't for that, the game would seem pretty easy.

Doc

Quote from: Kuvio on July 09, 2007, 08:32:19 am
I love Ice Climbers, it's one of my favorite games. Yeah I know the controls are not the best but I think it adds to the game in a way. You really have to get a feel of the stages and get down the timing. If it wasn't for that, the game would seem pretty easy.

Yeah, you've got a point. It's also true for the NES Mario Bros. The jumping is HORRID, but it adds to the challenge.

satoshi_matrix

Mario Bros is only playable in its GBA incarnations in any of the Super Mario Advance games.

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: FamicomJL on July 12, 2007, 08:13:47 pm

Yeah, you've got a point. It's also true for the NES Mario Bros. The jumping is HORRID, but it adds to the challenge.

The game is challenging enough without it; I like the rerelease of Mario Bros. where the jumping is fixed.

Doc

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on July 16, 2007, 03:19:18 pm
Quote from: FamicomJL on July 12, 2007, 08:13:47 pm

The game is challenging enough without it; I like the rerelease of Mario Bros. where the jumping is fixed.

Well yeah, that's true, but the first few levels are pretty easy.