PokeFami

Started by kite200, July 04, 2007, 12:34:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kite200

As many of you know, the pokefami is a handheld famicom device released in 2004 in japan. it's manufactured by gametech. I have noticed that these have been out of stock since about 2005, leading me to believe that gametech may have stopped production or retailers stopped carrying it. Anyhow, that didn't make me want it any less, and I actually managed to track down a person with brand new pokefamis. I placed an order earlier today and it should be here within a week. I will put a review up of it shortly after it arrives. according to the seller, it is his favorite portable FC clone.
ステキ

satoshi_matrix

Do you happen to know of this seller has any more for sale? I'd really like to get one as well. The GameAxe Color is nice but its far to big to be used as a portible.

kite200

July 04, 2007, 10:00:48 pm #2 Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 10:08:58 pm by kite200
i think he does, head over to amazon.co.jp to find him, search pokefami, he's a marketplace seller. click his user name and use the ask seller a question thing, you'll need an account though

and put up a review of the game axe please
ステキ

Profeta Yoshitake

Very interresting, Mr. Kite!
Would you throw some pics for us to see this little wonder?

I'm just... curious... about... the weight!
Is it reasonable?
Or it will cause me pain if I try to play mmm... Dragon Quest?
Serious!  :D
Now Playing: Dragon Ball Fusions, Yggdra Union

kite200

Once it arrives at my door step, I will take enough pics to satisfy your cravings :)
ステキ

satoshi_matrix

To use amazon.co.jp, don't you need an address in Japan? I'm in Canada... and maybe I just suck, but search results for pokefami come out negitive for me. Do you know what's going on? If you do need the japanese address thing, could you tell me how much these cost and would it be possible to use you as a middleman? I'll put up a review of the Gameaxe when I get some free time.

kite200

Oh I see what's up, he didnt post another one on amazon yet. Well I got his email adress, so try this

virtualb@y.email.ne.jp

email him, tell him that me (just say a friend or whatever) recently ordered a pokefami from him, and that you are wondering if he has any more of them. he speaks perfect english
ステキ

satoshi_matrix

But still, does he ship internationally or do you need a Japanese address? Cuz I don't got one....yet.

Just for refrence, How much did you pay for the Pokefami? if you dont want to tell me here, pm me.

corisco

I have a Pocket Fami. this is pretty easy to find on Akihabara streets, (I saw many of them in Thailand on the last month too)the price isn't  too expensive, something like 8.000 Yens - 65 US dollars.  This portable is pretty good, you can plug on tv too, and use a joystick - I'd never tested it but i think the Mega Drive or Master System should works. The screen isn't  bright like a game boy advance, but is enough to have fan with ur famicom carts! Is a pretty good famicom portable to bring on ur trips.
^^

Kuvio

That's good to know that they are relatively common in Akihabara. I'm going to Tokyo soon so I'll be sure to pick one up.

manuel

Most stuff is common in Akihabara. You can find nearly everything there. ;)

kite200

yeah but it's hard to find in america or on the internet for that matter
ステキ

satoshi_matrix

Question: do you need a Japanese address to buy from amazon japan?

kite200

yes, but read my response above
ステキ

corisco

Walking on Akiba streets u can find many many good and rare things. But almost of the foreigners just know a few good and expensive spots, like Super Potato (the most expensive of all). Although I'm going there every weekend,  The best way to find very and cheap items isn't in Akihabara. Places like Chiba-Ken(very near Tokyo) is recommended to anyone who are looking for, specially Famicom, Super Famicom and Mega Drive games cheap prices. For example, stores like Kanteidan, is relatively pretty easy to find almost the same items for a good price.  I think in Akihabara, the high prices is because they know the people who are going there(specially foreigners) have money to spend.
^^