Why does Devil World usually cost more than the other early FC games?

Started by Nintega, July 20, 2007, 01:39:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nintega

133MHz

Maybe because the religious connotation of the game prevented its American release ;)

Jedi Master Baiter

Is the same true of the PAL release?  Because that version seems rare as well.  I think NESsholic is giving me a good deal with it.

JC

Famicom Devil World shouldn't sell for much. It's not rare. I got mine cart-only for $2. But I paid $50 for an NES Devil World. That's about the going rate. It was only released in Scandinavia.

corisco

This game is pretty easy to find here in Japan, but if are thinking to buy a CIB in a verry good condition, the best way is
yahoo auctions - look this link http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f60165511?
I'm bidding that, my wife is crazy about this simple pretty game :D
^^

Doc

It's probably due to the name, and the fact that its name and some of its content was the cause of it not getting a release in the United States. Europeans got a PAL release, however.

satoshi_matrix

Devil World  is a Japanese only release that could have easily made the pond crossing in terms of gameplay. There's nothing really japanese about it, which makes it different from other Famicom games. Maybe that's a reason.

chiaotzu

It feels like a weird pac-man like game. I am personally not a huge fan of it but I have it. I will probably keep it because it is the only Shigeru Miyamoto game that was never released in the united states. If you don't know Miyamoto is the man at Nintendo, I would almost go so far as to say he is Nintendo. Miyamoto created such gameing legends as Donkey Kong, Zelda, Balloon Fight, Nearly every Mario game, Star Fox, Nintendogs, Wave Race, Pikmin, and even was advisor for most other Nintendo releases like Metroid. It is probably valuable for this fact if I were going to list any reason.
Your not cleared for that.

satoshi_matrix

Quote from: chiaotzu on July 24, 2007, 10:17:50 am
It feels like a weird pac-man like game. I am personally not a huge fan of it but I have it. I will probably keep it because it is the only Shigeru Miyamoto game that was never released in the united states. If you don't know Miyamoto is the man at Nintendo, I would almost go so far as to say he is Nintendo. Miyamoto created such gameing legends as Donkey Kong, Zelda, Balloon Fight, Nearly every Mario game, Star Fox, Nintendogs, Wave Race, Pikmin, and even was advisor for most other Nintendo releases like Metroid. It is probably valuable for this fact if I were going to list any reason.

As far as I'm concerned, everything he has made pales in comapirson to one of his games. He made Mario 3. That alone is enough to consider him a god. lol

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: chiaotzu on July 24, 2007, 10:17:50 amit is the only Shigeru Miyamoto game that was never released in the united states.

Was SMB2J by Shigeru Miyamoto?

Jedi Master Baiter

kite200

I'm pretty sure it was just the lead programmer for the first game who made it, don't know the name
ステキ

chiaotzu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_games_created_by_Shigeru_Miyamoto
According to this he was director of SMB2J, it could be inaccurate because it is wikipedia but maybe not, I have yet to beat SMB2J so I have yet to read the credits my self. Also the above list gives you a break down of his games. Yes Devil World is not really that awsome but I could see there being a demand for it due to the lack of an American counter part and it being one of the few games primarily designed by Miyamoto. But this is all just a guess really.
Your not cleared for that.

Doc

I actually like Devil World, it's a pretty cute sort of Pac Man clone, mixed with other things.