Favorite RGB Color palette

Started by Magicantian, March 03, 2022, 07:28:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicantian

So I got my AV Famicom and Super Famicom finally situated to where I can display both on my HDTV. I was able to configure my SNES via Component and got a picture settings profile saved on my TV. I was able to use that also for the NES. I was amazed at how accurate the profile worked for the NES too and got a 1:1 matchup to what the "NES Classic" RGB palette is colored as, which is how my childhood memory serves me.  :'(

So I find myself pretty set in my mind that the NES Classic palette is the most accurate and best solution for me for when I get my RGBNES mod.

I'm curious to hear what everyones favorite palette is and why. Do you also have any opinions as to which you feel is most accurate?

Below is a comparison by .png nabbed from a Reddit discussion.

P

I'm not sure, none of the palettes people get from capture devices seems to resemble my memory. The SMB sky was always blue in my childhood, never purple. But then again my NES was a PAL one.

theoakwoody

I really like the Sony XA one but I'm not exactly sure which ones are loaded in my nesrgb.  I know one is garish, one close to a composite look,  and the third is closer to the Sony.