Stickers / Decals on Famicom

Started by Scorp.ius, November 25, 2007, 06:19:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorp.ius

November 25, 2007, 06:19:36 am Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 06:09:22 am by Scorp.ius
Hi!

i need fotos (good resolution and quality) of the stickers on a Famicom

and btw.: does anyone know what the japanese words say? some kind of manual? "move this power switch up and the family computer will turn on" or what does they say?

MaxXimus

November 25, 2007, 10:27:10 am #1 Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 10:57:29 am by MaxXimus
The one over the reset button says something like "Press button to reset memory"

133MHz

I think the first says 'Be sure power is off before inserting/removing cassette.'

JC

From an official translation on the Hong Kong Version Famicom:

The top left sticker says: "Turn OFF the power before inserting or removing a game cassette. POWER"

The top right sticker says: "If the reset switch is pressed, scores recorded will be erased or lost. RESET"

I can't make out the front sticker from the HKV Famicom photo I've got. Maybe someone here actually owns one. :P

Scorp.ius

huh? i would have thought the most of the users here own a famicom ;)

so if there is one who has a famicom please make some fotos for me  :D

133MHz

Yeah, most users here actually own a Famicom, but not everyone knows Japanese, or own a scanner/digital camera :P.

JC

Oh :D ...lots of us have Famicoms; I have a couple. But we have the Japanese version. I don't think any of us have the Hong Kong version with the official English translations of the stickers.

MaxXimus

I found after coming to the forums that a collection just isnt a collection without a Famicom. I have 4. (1 authentic, 2 clones, and 1 Yobo Fami.) My authentic one is my baby. The clones are just for the collection and the Yobo is for backup.

Scorp.ius

does a NES count? i have an NES PAL B (but with deactivatet lockout chip)
and ... perhaps 50 games :)

JC

An NES counts if you've got a 72 to 60 pins converter, since that's really all you need to play Famicom games! :)

Scorp.ius

no i dont have a converter, but i look on ebay for a famicom and disk system :)

i hope the famicom will work with my PAL TV (i am from germany) - are there others here who use a famicom in PAL territories? what video adapters are required?

and - fotos are still most welcome  ;D

MaxXimus

Arent HK famicoms PAL? You'd need one of those or a stepdown converter and a tv that supports ntsc?

133MHz

Scorp.ius

for example a foto like this would be nice  ;D

in good quality of course  ::)

MaxXimus

I'll ask my friend alex to bring his camera over next time he comes. Is 5MP good enough quality?