Stickers / Decals on Famicom

Started by Scorp.ius, November 25, 2007, 06:19:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorp.ius

MaxXimus

Just out of curiosity. What is this for?

Scorp.ius

I am working on a SNES in Famicom look

so i need all the stickers for matching the original

MaxXimus

My guess was that you were going to be restoring a system. That is very cool though. Make sure to take pictures of your progress. It would be really neat to see!

Scorp.ius

yeah ;) here you are:

the console has deactivated lockout chip and a switch for 50/60Hz select
the LED flashes yellow when in 50Hz and red when in 60Hz mode :)

it looks a little bit naked now, so thats what the sticker are ment for...

MaxXimus

Wow. That looks amazing. What type of paint did you use?

Scorp.ius

erm... thats spray paint

one cremewhite and a dark red  :)

satoshi_matrix

So you gutted a Super Famicom for its shell casing and put a Famicom board inside it and then painted the board? SICKKKKKKKKKKKKK

133MHz

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on November 26, 2007, 02:55:17 pm
So you gutted a Super Famicom for its shell casing and put a Famicom board inside it and then painted the board?

He says it's just a SFC painted like a FC.

BTW Scorp.ius, amazing paint job! My paint jobs usually suck, but yours looks pretty good! ;D
And remember, some games actually check if the lockout chip is working and if it isn't they will refuse to run, so it would be wise to put a switch for it.

Scorp.ius

November 26, 2007, 10:06:08 pm #24 Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 10:25:45 pm by Scorp.ius
yes its a normal snes

till now i did not have any problems with a permanent deactivated lockout. i ve read that on a US maschine MarioRPG is such a game that needs the lockout activated, but this game is not running on a PAL maschine. so no need for drilling a second hole into the case ;) 

ps: i have one snes with a lockout switch... ;)

kite200

if you dont want to print them, you can buy official stickers from tea4two coding factory in japan. I think I might have some....let me see....I have one for the front of the system, like 3 for the power and 2 for the reset or something like that
ステキ

Sakbee

hey kite200, can u help me place an order at tea4two website? i cant read japanese and i will pay you a little extra if u help me order stuff through them. Message me!

Scorp.ius

i dont think the real ones will fit on the SNES... i will have to adjust the sizes of the stickers and perhaps a little bit the color.

so good quality fotos would be very good ;)

Anyone?  :D

kite200

technically I can't place an order either since I don't live in japan but you could email them asking if you could order.
ステキ

manuel

Sakbee, if you can wait until next year (June/July, when I move to Japan) I can order stuff for you.  ;)