September 27, 2024, 10:13:24 am

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

shoggoth80

Lol... AA = Atari Age. Though, some of us in there might need rehab... we're pretty addicted :P

Right now I have:
Daiku No Gensan
Akumajou Dracula Special
Tower of Druaga,
Devil World
Hokuto No Ken 2
Deep Dungeon
Labyrinth
Wizardry; Legacy of Llylgamyn
Dokuganryuu Masamune
111-in-1 pirate cart that came with my Penguin Famiclone.

I have many more lined up, and will hopefully have them by the middle of week after next.
I am always searching for more games to add (aren't we all?), and I seem to have a silly thing for pirate cosoles/clones. Don't ask me why, I can't explain that one. : P

nintendodork

Devil World is a fun Pulse Line, I also have it.  I think it's cool that Devil is in SSBB
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

shoggoth80

Devil World ROCKS!
It's like Pac-Man but a step better in terms of difficulty and strategy due to the moving screen, and needing the bible to attack enemies. Of course, stage two is really funny...

nintendodork

Yeah, it's like something you'd see in one of those bad movies where the guy has to escape an "underworld"

"You must throw the bible into the Skull..box...thing in order to escape... and watch out for the moving screen.  That will kill you."

"What moving screen?"

He wouldn't have a clue lol
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Pikkon

Hi everyone,great site by the way.

Well I have always been attracted to japanese games and consoles for as long as I can remember.

And now I have a Super Famicom,well its a pal snes case with a ntsc snes motherboard but it plays my super fami games just fine,I only have 4 games for now but Im picky lol

But I grew up with the nes and super nes and have alot of fond memories from that time.But this site is pretty cool so Im differently going to stick around.

shoggoth80

Pikkon:

Why a PAL SNES with a US board? Unless you live somewhere where PAL is the dominant format, this seems like a lot of effort. Easiest way to play SFC? Snap off your region tabs inside your console's case. Badda bing... instant SFC. That's what I did, and I have no regrets either. Yeah the SFC might look really cool... I just can't justify the price premium for essentially the same thing as what I have sitting right in my face here at home :P

All I've got in SF is:
Elfaria
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Shin Megami Tensei

Good times though, playing the games is what counts.

Doc

Welcome aboard, new members!

Pikkon

Quote from: shoggoth80 on February 15, 2009, 11:41:42 pm
Pikkon:

Why a PAL SNES with a US board? Unless you live somewhere where PAL is the dominant format, this seems like a lot of effort. Easiest way to play SFC? Snap off your region tabs inside your console's case. Badda bing... instant SFC. That's what I did, and I have no regrets either. Yeah the SFC might look really cool... I just can't justify the price premium for essentially the same thing as what I have sitting right in my face here at home :P

All I've got in SF is:
Elfaria
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Shin Megami Tensei

Good times though, playing the games is what counts.

Nah,Im in the US.

But I got a free pal snes with 2 pal controllers,then I bought my friends old snes for 10 bucks so thats why I did the mod.

shoggoth80

Ha ha ha! Hey  if it works, right on!

Pikkon

lol thanks,a little dremel work and the motherboad fit like a glove :D

Blue Protoman

I'm Blue Protoman.  I'm new here.  Love the site, but the main page needs another update, if at least to show that it's still being supported.

So, um, yeah.  What else should I talk about?
BP's Domain
Visit my site today!
http://bpsdomain.b1.jcink.com/

nintendodork

Hey Blue Protoman!  I noticed in your own thread, you asked about a main page update..and well...we know! lol
You'll find out sooner or later that the mods here have been working on a complete site redesign that's set to launch sometime next month!  After it's done, the site will be a lot better, and updates will start coming in. :)

MaxXimus

Welcome to the boards. There is an introduction thread that you should visit. :)

As far as things to talk about, the choices are pretty much endless. Add to an already started thread or start your own. :P

manuel

Welcome.

I merged your introduction into this thread.

FamicomFreak

Welcome new members always great to have new people join the community.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com