Satoshi Matrix's Bead Sprites

Started by satoshi_matrix, February 18, 2009, 06:00:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

satoshi_matrix

April 02, 2009, 06:57:07 pm #105 Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 12:40:13 pm by satoshi_matrix
Time to start fulfilling some requests here and there. Here's more.

SNES Link request

Link for Link to the Past, slightly edited to give him his signature blonde hair instead of that creepy pink whatever that was present in the original sprite.

Castlevania request

Simon Belmont from the original Castlevania armed with the legendary whip, Vampire Killer.

Bionic Commando request

the original Bionic Commando swings into action!

I'll work on Earthbound/Mother sprites next. Ryu might be tough though. I'll try to do other requests you guys might have too!

manuel

I'd be totally for a cute Yoshi.

Tupin

Odd request here, but how about Izzy, the mascot of the 1996 Atlanta Olympics and star of the SNES game Izzy's Quest for the Olympic Rings?

satoshi_matrix

Tupin, can you post or send me the sprites you want me to take a look at? I've never heard of that game.

manuel, what kind of Yoshi are you looking for? SMW, Yoshi's Island, or something else?

All day today was rainy and too crappy to go anywhere, sooooooo here's more.

Here's me finally fulfilling many a request ofr Earthbound. Here's the four heroes from the 1989 Famicom classic, Mother[Earthbound Zero]. From left to right: Ninten, Ana, Loid, Teddy.

I've always changed the names slightly to be more English sounding; Ninten, Anna, Lloyd, and Ted. Note that I fixed Ana's hair. Originally, her hair was peach, making her look like she's bald! Also, I give Loid his proper grey hair and nerdy glasses.

The eight original Kanto Gym Badges from Pokémon RGBY. From left to right, top to bottom: Bolder, Cascade, Thunder, Rainbow, Marsh, Soul, Volcano and finally Earth.

On the topic of Kanto badges, I've never really understood why Erika's grass gym bestows the Rainbow Badge (shouldn't it be grass themed?) and Sabrina's the Marsh badge (why Marsh? and why doesn't it look anything like a Marsh?

Understand understand understand understand understand the concept of love! Huh!!! Gotta love that Dreamcast classic. Sega! Revive the Jet ___ Radio series!

Cheers!

nintendodork

Jet Grind/Set Radio is an awesome game!  I love how you're just some punk kid, and you're trying to avoid from being shot by a policeman!  I find it funny that they didn't change the voiceovers in the cutscenes.  Whenever someone mentions the radio station in the American version, they still refer to it as "Jet Set Radio"
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

manuel

i'll take any Yoshi as long as it's cute. :D

Blue Protoman

BP's Domain
Visit my site today!
http://bpsdomain.b1.jcink.com/

Tupin

Here's a screenshot with Izzy in it...

Odd request, I know.  :P

Blue Protoman

BP's Domain
Visit my site today!

Tupin

Eh? Works fine for me, but here you go again:

satoshi_matrix

I'll give that a try sometime. Its on my to-do list. In the meantime, here ya go manuel, Yoshi from SMW.

And here's something I wanted to do for a while now, Megaman.EXE from BN6.

Blue Protoman

BP's Domain
Visit my site today!

manuel

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Thanks!
What a nice Yoshi.  :D

satoshi_matrix

Hey...I just realized I started posting the Megaman robot master portraits starting with Megaman 6 here. D'oh! Here are the first five.

All the Classic Megaman portraits! Each is 32 x 32 beads, making each sprite a total of 1024 beads per sprite. This sure does add up over time, epically the number of black beads needed. I should also mention that, like my other sprites, these portraits resemble their NES counterparts exactly, except for when the NES counterpart were colored incorrectly due to color limitations. which happened a lot, especially in terms of eye color.  I have meticulously recolored all the miscolored portraits based on their official artwork.

Portraits of the first nine robots built by Dr. Light. From top to bottom, left to right: Protoman, Megaman, Roll, Cutman, Gutsman, Bombman, Iceman, Fireman, Elecman. Although Megaman 1 characters, these portraits actually come from the ending of Megaman 3.

Portraits of the first nine robots built by Wily from Megaman 2. From top to bottom, left to right: Bubbleman, Airman, Quickman, Heatman, Woodman, Metalman, Flashman, Crashman.

Portraits of the robots from Megaman 3. From top to bottom, left to right: Sparkman, Snakeman, Needleman, Hardman, Megaman, Topman, Geminiman, Magnetman, Shadowman.

Portraits of the soviet robots from Megaman 4. From top to bottom, left to right: Ringman, Diveman, Skullman, Pharaohman, Brightman, Toadman, Drillman, Dustman.

Note that these sprites are color enhanced to reflect their original artwork, not the NES color pallet.

Portraits of the robots from Megaman 5. From top to bottom, left to right: Stoneman, Gravityman, Crystalman, Chargeman, Protoman, Napalmman, Waveman, Starman, and Gyroman.

Note that these sprites are color enhanced to reflect their original artwork, not the NES color pallet.

Cheers!

son_ov_hades

I love the Megaman 2 portraits!