Satoshi Matrix's Bead Sprites

Started by satoshi_matrix, February 18, 2009, 06:00:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent X

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on April 03, 2009, 11:37:11 pm

the original Bionic Commando swings into action!

Understand understand understand understand understand the concept of love! Huh!!! Gotta love that Dreamcast classic. Sega! Revive the Jet ___ Radio series!

Cheers!

YOU MY FRIEND "ARE THE MAN"!

Would you mind doing one of Clint & Annie from WILD GUNS?

Flash Source  is below:
------------------------------

Select Screen

JPN Box Art
Gaming peaked in the 8-Bit & 16-Bit eras...
all else is just rehashes and insanity passing
itself off as "gaming."
~Agent X

satoshi_matrix

If you can link me to some sprites, I'll take a look at them.

satoshi_matrix

April 10, 2009, 10:42:55 am #122 Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 12:41:29 pm by satoshi_matrix
Here's my latest large project finished.

"You are X - it is a variable. It represents limitless potienal. You see, you are a new type of robot, who can think for himself. You truly are just like us humans, X.. that's why I'm afraid mankind is not yet ready to accept you. We are not yet mature. They may very well view your limitless evolutionary potential as something to be feared. The name X also carries contentions of danger. I'm sorry X...I didn't have enough time to see you enter the world. I've given you the power to think, to worry, to grow and evolve as you fight. But......it is too soon for that power to be unleashed. X, I want you to use that conscious of yours to help the people of the future. They will need someone like you to guide them. Farewell X...you are the world's one, true hope."

-T. Light, September 18th 20XX [approx. 2020 A.D.]

X is huge over a meter tall. Don't expect too many projects of this scale too often.

Blue Protoman

BP's Domain
Visit my site today!
http://bpsdomain.b1.jcink.com/

Medisinyl

You should put a quarter or something near your projects to offer a better reference of size.  But that Mega Man is awesome.

satoshi_matrix

April 10, 2009, 11:16:42 pm #125 Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 12:43:29 pm by satoshi_matrix
Here's a commission piece I did for a member right here on FW! He should get them shortly.

DDCecil

Got my package from satoshi_matrix yesterday:

All except 8-bit Cecil were done by him, and came out great.

Thanks again!

satoshi_matrix

Here's a small update. Made a new Toadman! (right)

Looking back, I discovered my original Toadman sprite (left) is based on the NES color pallet and not the character art, so I went back and make a new Toadman that is indeed his proper colors. Why the white was replaced by yellow is beyond me.

satoshi_matrix

Heres more from me!

Ah, Kid Dracula. One part Alucard, one part Dracula, this guy is the very symbol of Castlevania parody.

Sprite comes from the Famicom-only Akumajou Dracula Special: Boku Dracula-kun! which translates to Castlevania Special: I'm [Kid] Dracula!

Heres more from me!

Lan Hikari and MegaMan.EXE from the widely popular Megaman Battle Network spinoff series. Both are totally custom sprites I put together. Lan is new, while Megaman I've had done for a while. Still, they're a pair, so I took the photo of them together. Sorry for the somewhat crappy shot, I'll reshoot this later.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START. Enough said.

Mario! Mario! Mario! Mario! Mario! *and then Mario's head is somehow the size of all of North America*

Blue Protoman

There are Megaman Battle Network sprites in MM 8-bit style on the Internet besides the ones you made.  Specifically, the Spriter's Resource.
BP's Domain
Visit my site today!

nintendodork

That Mario is incredible!  Did you get that from a certain game?  Or did you just freehand it?
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

son_ov_hades

satoshi_matrix

Blue Protoman - Yeah, I've seen those, but I didn't care for them, so I just went and made my own instead. These sprites are not those.

nintendodork - That Mario comes from GBC's Super Mario Bros. Deluxe image gallery. I slightly tweaked it to look better, but that's the source.

son_ov_hades - glad you like it! That sprite actually comes from Super C as I couldn't really find Contra sprites. But I'm pretty sure Super C and Contra share the same sprite set.

Blue Protoman

1. Yes, they do.

2. Look on TSR, they probably have Contra sprites.
BP's Domain
Visit my site today!

nintendodork

No, they don't.  I searched there, and they just have a sprite of the entire first level.  No characters
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat