Satoshi Matrix's Bead Sprites

Started by satoshi_matrix, February 18, 2009, 06:00:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

satoshi_matrix

It also takes a good deal of time. when factoring in cost of materials, the value of my time and of course shipping, the sprites don't end up being super ultra cheap. However, compared to what many other sellers would charge, my rates are rock bottom. As manuel and Medisinyl pointed out, I'm barely breaking even selling these. This is not for profit.

satoshi_matrix

Here's some new sprites. Enjoy.

Color enhanced Wily in his signature UFO. This coloring is somewhere inbetween the NES games and the Genesis remake colors. I used what I had.

Color enhanced sprites. Tango the cat is from Megaman V and is probably the least known MM sidekick. Protoman sports his victory pose from the arcade games and in Megaman 9. I just corrected his helmet and shield to be white instead of grey. Roll is unaltered from Megaman 9.

Rockman in a different sprite style than the classic we all know and Roll in a sort of 8-bit Marvel Vs Capcom sprite.

son_ov_hades

I like that Dr. Wily UFO one a lot.

Medisinyl

Quote from: son_ov_hades on May 15, 2009, 09:01:04 am
I like that Dr. Wily UFO one a lot.

Yep, it had to be done  ;)

On a side note, Rock may make a cameo in the last frame of my bead comic  :P

Mindfreak

May 20, 2009, 07:57:38 am #184 Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 08:05:08 am by Mindfreak
is your comic on your topic somewhere ???

awesome work Satoshi and Medisinyl  btw

keep it up!!

Medisinyl

Quote from: Mindfreak on May 20, 2009, 07:57:38 am
is your comic on your topic somewhere ???

Yes, there are 6 frames scattered throughout the thread--the 7th has yet to be completed...or even started  :P  Each frame takes quite a long time to do.  The 5th frame is by far my favorite and also the largest (I think I figured that is was 7980 beads for that frame alone). 

satoshi_matrix

Its reasons like that I sort of refrain from going nuts with frames. bead counts get insane.

manuel

Consider yourself lucky you're not beading in 1080p.  :D

satoshi_matrix

Time to showcase my newest sprites. Every major classic Rockman game has been covered by me except for one: Rockman & Forte. I figured that I should change that! I present you: Megaman & Bass 8-bit customs!

Decided to take them on my kitchen floor for a change. and added a ruler for scale!
Custom 8-bit Boss sprites from Megaman & Bass. From left to right and top to bottom: Coldman, Pirateman, Burnerman, Tenguman, Megaman, Bass, Astroman, Magicman, Groundman, Dynamoman.
Note that these sprites have all been color enhanced beyond the capabilities of the NES color pallet. I based their proper colors on official character artwork.

satoshi_matrix

We all know I'm a Megaman freak, but did  you ever realize just how many rockman classic sprites I've actually made? This shows off just what I've done. Shown here are sprites of almost every character that appears in Rockman 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, & Forte, 9 and World 5.

It goes in order of the games from the very top to the very bottom, from 1-9. Betcha didn't know I made that huge mecha dragon didja?! Reason I haven't shown it off before is because I'm not exactly happy with it. It's fallen apart and been patched up and is slightly miscolored. Something worth mentioning is that its a custom sprite I made by combining two frames into one to get a tail curled up and wings outstretched. Normally, you'd have to pick between one or the other.

Heres some more views.

Top:

Bottom:

son_ov_hades

That Dragon is amazing! My favorite Megaman enemy by far.

Mindfreak

The dragon is unbelievable!!!

All your work is incredible!!!!

Medisinyl

Quote from: Mindfreak on May 26, 2009, 07:09:50 pm
The dragon is unbelievable!!!

All your work is incredible!!!!

Somehow I didn't recognize you did the dragon already.  Definitely one of my favorite Mega Man sprites.

satoshi_matrix

More! Portraits for ya'll!

Top zoomed in:

Medisinyl

/\  I was going to request that you did those in one shot--quite awesome and epic  ;D