Satoshi Matrix's Bead Sprites

Started by satoshi_matrix, February 18, 2009, 06:00:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomFreak

Oh yeah I remember Sakura....she had a lesbo friend didn't she? LOL jk anyways I love your Mario sprites....those are sexy!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

satoshi_matrix

Yeah, pretty much. What makes the japanese version of both the manga and anime so much better than the American translation is that the show portrays pretty much every kind of romance without judgment. So yes, you have childhood love, crushes, lesbian love, gay love, even bazarre-o love involving 10 year olds and 28 year olds. It's Japan keep in mind  ::)

Anyway

Here's some more.

Time for me to go back and work on my specialty - color enhanced 8-bit sprites. And this time, I'm working on Megaman X! So here you go, a few X pieces.

Color corrected 8-bit Megaman X sprite. Original sprite from Megaman Xtreme for GBC.

Color corrected 8-bit Zero sprite.

Chill Penguin enhanced.

satoshi_matrix

Here's a few more color corrected 8-bit Megaman X mavricks.

Color corrected 8-bit Spark Mandrill.

Color corrected 8-bit Launch Octopus.

Color corrected 8-bit Storm Eagle. This is personally one of my favorite Megaman characters and subsequently one of my favorite sprites I've made.

b1aCkDeA7h

At least beads give you a bit more color variety than the medium I use: Legos. Here are my works / commissions thus far:

A certain fighter who likes swords:

Mario from the first (and I guess the second) game:

Link w/Triforce of Courage

Zelda w/Triforce of Wisdom

Bub:

The ending scene from Zelda 2:

And my biggest work to date, Dr. Mario:

Dr. Mario has switchable Pills and my initials on the back, some have nice "frames," I know I made a stand for Fighter and filled in the empty space on Bub so it was more solid looking. The rest were basically just built on solid flat boards that were big enough to accommodate the pixels.

satoshi_matrix

Nice. Whatever works for you. For me, the beads are where its at. Great first start. It would be nice to hear from FW regarding my X sprites though. Maybe because it was Super Famicom originally? haha.

L___E___T

That mario one totally made me think of the toy galaxy in SMG!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

UglyJoe

September 15, 2009, 09:26:49 am #216 Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 08:46:16 am by UglyJoe
Quote from: satoshi_matrix on September 15, 2009, 06:10:54 am
Nice. Whatever works for you. For me, the beads are where its at. Great first start. It would be nice to hear from FW regarding my X sprites though. Maybe because it was Super Famicom originally? haha.

I'm really not familiar with the X series.  I think I know more about the games' horrible Engrish more than I know about their bosses :P

I liked the Sakura sprites, though.

edit: btw, a Shantae sequel is coming to DSiWare (linky)

satoshi_matrix

OOO, now I need to get a DSi. Shantae is fantastic.

Rogles

Quotewho likes swords

8 Bit Theater is a masterpiece.
( ยด_ゝ`)

b1aCkDeA7h

Since beads are easier to acquire in varied colors than LEGOs, I think I'll use them next to do a colorized Kirby powerup icon.

Medisinyl

Been a while since I've done any beading (or even been on the forums).  Only just un-boxed the Famicom a couple days ago and all the bead stuff is still boxed (need to order blacks as well if I recall correctly).  Things have been somewhat hectic since selling my house and moving to this one.

Glad to see you've kept up with yours, and hopefully I'll be back at it eventually. 

DDCecil

Not sure if you guys saw this, but mezmoron over at Digital Press/Nintendo Age made this beauty:

Rob64

Now you're playing with Power

satoshi_matrix

February 04, 2011, 02:03:25 pm #224 Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 02:41:18 pm by satoshi_matrix
Okay time for an update from me after such a long hiatus! Just got a fresh order from Michele and after digging out my boards and finally finding my old trusted tweezers, I'm ready for more beading! What should I do to celebrate my return? Why, Megaman of course!

Note that flickr seems to have changed in my hiatus and no longer allows direct links to images. Due to that I'm going to have to try using imgshack and am not totally sure this will work. Bare with me.

When I left off I had finished the robot masters from Megaman 9, so here's the follow up robot master portraits from Megaman 10.

As before, sprites have been minor color corrected to more closely match official artwork. Think of these as "enhanced".

Blade Man DWN-073

Pump Man DWN-074

Commando Man DWN-075

Chill Man DWN-076

Sheep Man DWN-077

Strike Man DWN-078

Nitro Man DWN-079

Solar Man DWN-080

All together (anyone know how I can create a thumbnail for these?)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30701966@N04/5415471552/

And compared to the their originals
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30701966@N04/5415470316/in/photostream/