Satoshi Matrix's Bead Sprites

Started by satoshi_matrix, February 18, 2009, 06:00:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

satoshi_matrix

Matt Hazard, from his supposed first game!

satoshi_matrix

tappybot

First time in this thread. These are really cool!

Way to go, satoshi!

satoshi_matrix

Here's a little something I've made for my niece. Nothing too special, yet nostalgic for me and she seems to like it.

nintendodork

I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

satoshi_matrix

March 27, 2011, 10:28:26 am #230 Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 12:35:50 am by satoshi_matrix
I just finished a commission order.

Kain and Dark Cecil battle sprites from Final Fantasy II (IV).

Post Merge: March 29, 2011, 12:35:48 am

Uppydate!

Here's a Super Mario Bros. Coinbox that you can use to hold actual coins! Or in my case, SD cards and card readers and such.

satoshi_matrix

Some drink coasters featuring some of my favorite sprites. On the bottom of each I've glued a layer of cardboard to absorb any small amounts of condensation that might seep through. These are a big hit at parties.

Oh and I figured out how to display my Megaman 10 sprites properly.

satoshi_matrix

April 03, 2011, 11:55:05 pm #232 Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:48:56 am by satoshi_matrix
Okay guys, here's a little update. Thought it was time for some classic Street Fighter II love.

Chun Li preforming her famous supersonic kick. YATTA!

Post Merge: April 05, 2011, 11:48:55 am

time for more Final Fantasy classic love.

A friend of a friend asked me to make her the girls from FF6, and here are the results.

Terra and Celes from Final Fantasy VI.

and while I was at it, another forum member had ordered some final fantasy love as well. Hope she'll enjoy em.

Dancer Faris from Final Fantasy V, and playable Golbez from Final Fantasy IV Advance.

still more to come. stay tuned!

satoshi_matrix

Megaman riding on his trusty sidekick jet-dog Rush.

I'm nearly done all orders now, so if anyone wants to place any further orders, nows the time to let me know!

satoshi_matrix

Here's another custom I made for a guy on NA.

Classic Mario, but double scaled! This thing is pretty huge. NES Mario cart for reference.

Here's another custom order I've been given recently and thought I'd share with you guys. The servbot head apparently is a emoticon used on a german forum.

Servbot head emoticon

Tango, from MMV on GB and later Megaman 10. Color enhanced.

Pissed off Megaman custom

and finally,

Metal Gear?! From SD Snatcher. I think this one turned out great.

more to come.

jpx72

I have never personally appreciated your bead-sprites, so I want to do it now - this is marvelous stuff you are doing here! I would love to have some of your works on my wall at home (but my other half will probably forbid it, she doesn't even like my tiny Megaman fridge magnets :D)!
These bead-sprites can easily be a winner's price in some Famicom/NES-competition :) Please continue to make those!

satoshi_matrix

The trick is trying to coax her into it! I can make sprites that would appeal to her as well - there's tons of girlish sprites out there, as well a flowers cute things and other such sprites that would appeal to a woman's senses. THEN you sneak in the sprites you want  ;D

Speaking of that, here's some more pictures I took just for lulz:

jpx72

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on April 28, 2011, 07:49:46 pm
here's some more pictures I took just for lulz

LOLOLOL :D yeah that could work ;D now that I think of it, I know it's not 8(or16)-bit, but don't you have something FFVII-ish? She's a big fan...

satoshi_matrix

Yup I could any of those. They'd be slightly expensive, but I could do 'em. PM me if you're interested.

here's another custom sprite idea I got when I was recently working on a big blog post of mine for my personal top 25 GameBoy and GameBoy Color games (clicky clicky!)

Remember my Megaman V Gameboy recolors? I sure do. Those were so much fun to do I wanted to try my hand at grayscale recolors again, and this was my result:

Custom color correct Wario from Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land

more to come! cheers.

satoshi_matrix

here's my latest sprite!

The Valis heroine, Yuko Asao from the PCE CD remake of Mugen Senshi Valis, easily one of the best games on the platform. 

I'm quite pleased how well this turned out. Ever the tinkerer, although a full color 16-bit sprite, even this sprite is color enhanced. I knew it would be quite fragile, so I reinforced her sword with transparent beads. I think it makes it look better, too!