Satoshi Matrix's Bead Sprites

Started by satoshi_matrix, February 18, 2009, 06:00:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

satoshi_matrix

February 28, 2009, 11:36:43 am #45 Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 12:32:52 pm by satoshi_matrix
Hey wait a sec, I haven't shown you guys my big sprites! No wonder you're so impressed with Super Pig!

Well then without further ado, Here's more huge sprites!

Fully finished large 1:1 scale Rockman from Megaman 6. This was the first large Rockman I created and is actually the smallest. The MM7 Rockman is about 3x larger!

Fully finished, extremely large Rockman from Megaman 7 using the NES color pallet. This sprite is the largest I have made, measuring approx. 14 x 14". Standard NES Megaman sprite for scale.

Fully finished, large 1:1 scale Rockman charging into action as seen on the titlescreen of Megaman 9.

A project I completed a little while ago, the classic Rockman logo is nearly 7 ft across! This scaled image doesn't do it justice at all!

FAMICOMfag

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS IS AWESOME !

Agent X

Quote from: FAMICOMfag on February 28, 2009, 01:07:05 pm
HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS IS AWESOME !

What this man said Satoshi. My thoughts exactly!

A question though.

Are you using the same colored beads to make all these kick ass
sprite creations after taking photos of the final product, or do you actually
go the puzzle route, where upon completion, you crazy glue the works of
art into one solid piece to be possibly married to a piece of plywood or
something and actually able to hang on a wall?

You could do stuff like that and probably make a small fortune off Video Game
and Japanimation/Anime fans either "on the bay" via Cyberspace, or at a local
flea market somewhere.  I know ppl down here in Texas (at the flea markets)
would shit their pants at just what you've put up here and fork over some dough
for them.  Just a thought anyhow on that note.

Keep 'em coming!  Are you taking any requests?

I'd like to see one of Super Contra if possible.

Gaming peaked in the 8-Bit & 16-Bit eras...
all else is just rehashes and insanity passing
itself off as "gaming."
~Agent X

satoshi_matrix

I use fuse beads, which fuse together when heated. In other words, I iron the sprites together with a regular clothes iron. As for some backing, that is a concern. They need to be put on something to support them. So far I've just been  using tacks.

and yes, I do requests. What sprite exactly would you like to see? If you can post the sprite you want as a .gif or png, that would be even better. 

Agent X

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on February 28, 2009, 01:36:01 pm
I use fuse beads, which fuse together when heated. In other words, I iron the sprites together with a regular clothes iron. As for some backing, that is a concern. They need to be put on something to support them. So far I've just been  using tacks.

and yes, I do requests. What sprite exactly would you like to see? If you can post the sprite you want as a .gif or png, that would be even better. 

Lemme get back to you on the request thing.  Kind of just wanted
to see the Famicom/NES sprites of Bill Rizer using the spread gun
blowing away some Red Falcon scum really from SUPER CONTRA.

Thanks for elaborating/answering my question concerning your talents
and method of creating these pieces.  About how long does it take you to
do the smaller ones versus say that huge one of Rockman?
Gaming peaked in the 8-Bit & 16-Bit eras...
all else is just rehashes and insanity passing
itself off as "gaming."
~Agent X

nintendodork

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on February 28, 2009, 12:20:50 am
Here's something I'm sure JC will appreciate the most of anyone here. It's my tribute to him.

[Super Pig]

Not to toot my own horn, but I think I outdid myself here as this massive sprite truly is something to behold. It's huge. I starting doing this not really thinking of the large scale it would eventually be.
I knew you'd make a Super Pig one eventually... :D
I can't believe JC hasn't seen it yet..and if he has...he didn't comment >:(
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

satoshi_matrix

to Agent X:

Depending on the sprite's complexity, It will take me anywhere from 20 minutes to several days to a week. It all depends on how much time/energy/passion I have. Its not a speedy process by any means.

to nintendodork:

You knew I was going to make a Super Pig sprite? What are you, psychic?  :D

nintendodork

I think so. :P

Some how, I just figured you'd make one eventually :D
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

JC

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on February 28, 2009, 12:20:50 am
Here's something I'm sure JC will appreciate the most of anyone here.

Haha...that Super Pig is damn awesome. Actually, my favorite piece of Famicom art I've ever seen...

...well, it's now ahead of super56k's Famicom art from 2006. :D

nintendodork

I don't understand how he can do either of those!  I can't draw anything in MS Paint, much less a Dreamcast! :o

Doc

I am in love with these bead sprites. Wonderful work!

nintendodork

He said he'd do custom sprites and possibly let people purchase one if anyone wanted one.

satoshi_matrix

this also includes any sprites I've already made, if anyone wants to buy them. The larger ones I don't think I can sell easily though as they would need special packaging and shipping would probably be weirdly expensive.

L___E___T

Wow, I seriously want that Rockman logo!!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Rogles

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on March 01, 2009, 12:10:49 am
this also includes any sprites I've already made, if anyone wants to buy them. The larger ones I don't think I can sell easily though as they would need special packaging and shipping would probably be weirdly expensive.

What you could do is make the sprites in parts, and ship those. then the recipient just has to put together and iron the parts, and you wouldn't have to put the full thing in a large box.
( ยด_ゝ`)