Best / favorite Famicom Disk System (FDS) games

Started by super56k, October 20, 2006, 04:09:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kite200

um, while the disk system itself can sometimes be finnicky, the disk games are generally ok, i've had problems but i think that also had something to do with a disk drive itself, generally speaking though, they are just fine. is michael no english daibouken easy to find? i should pick one up
ステキ

madman

Vs. Excitebike is great, but can get confusing when you jump into the other player's screen space.  I like the 1P mode on it a lot better than the regular excitebike as well.

Nintega

Jedi Master Baiter

Has anyone played Arumana no Kiseki? Is that a good game?

corisco

^^

Doc

Quote from: corisco on July 11, 2007, 08:19:33 pm
Falsion, for who likes shooting games

I second that recommendation. Nice shooter.

satoshi_matrix

Bah. The best shooter avalible is either Recca or Gun Nac, bar none.

JC

But Recca isn't FDS. :-\ I wonder if a disk pirate of it exists somewhere out there.

Nintega

I also recommend the FDS version of Gyruss. Yes it came out in the US but it has better music.

Also Eggerland. Is that the prequel to Adventures of Lolo?

Doc

Actually, I'm pretty sure Eggerland IS Adventures of Lolo with different graphics. I always get confused on that one, so I may be wrong...too bad Slushie doesn't visit much, he's the resident Lolo expert. :)

JC

You've got it right, JL. I'm pretty sure Egger is NES Lolo 1. Famicom Lolo 1 is NES Lolo 2. And Famicom Lolo2 is NES Lolo 3.

keiffer01

Quote from: JC on July 15, 2007, 04:13:58 pm
You've got it right, JL. I'm pretty sure Egger is NES Lolo 1. Famicom Lolo 1 is NES Lolo 2. And Famicom Lolo2 is NES Lolo 3.
Yeah your right on that :) The first Lolo game was released on the MSX, then it was ported to the Famicom.

FamicomFreak

kewl I tried the gyruss game and it's not bad. Thanks
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

satoshi_matrix

How many games were made for the disk system? I'm defenetly not interested in collecting every one of them, but only the real good ones. By skimming over all the fds roms I have, I cound a total of 221.

Oh, and to contribute:

Family Composer is a neat little bit of software. Reminds me of a very early version of electroplankton for the DS in that its a non-game but entertaining all the same.

kite200

ステキ