September 19, 2024, 01:54:41 pm

Video Game Conventions

Started by Jollie, August 17, 2009, 04:07:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jollie

August 17, 2009, 04:07:10 pm Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 07:39:15 pm by Jollie
Just a place to post about them. Id like to see what people have actually gone to one. BTW: If anyone lives near philly, PA the gamecorecon is coming up in a couple weeks. it is September 12th (4 days after my birthday :) )in Oaks, PA. www.gamecorecon.com . BTW: Did i mention 16-Bit From Ebay will be there and possibly AVGN?:)
Great Fox will cover you.

son_ov_hades

Hmm I'm only about an hour from there at school, maybe I can swing it.

FamicomFreak

For any of you in Florida there is a convention, the first ever one for classic gaming here and I'm psyched!!! Here is the site http://www.infinitebitsconvention.com/ and the date of the event is Oct 23-25 of this year. I already bought my ticket! I will be there with my camera and will upload videos of the event. AWA!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Jollie

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

UglyJoe

Hmm...Gamecorecon is a possibility for me.  It's like 75 miles away.

Jollie

August 17, 2009, 07:37:10 pm #6 Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 08:12:59 pm by Jollie
no son_ov_hades. and same with me its about an hour and 20 mins from where i live. and my mom said i can go for my birthday.

EDIT: well im volunteering at gamecorecon so if you do go look for the one of the only people under 18 thats a volunteer cause its probably me. :D

son_ov_hades

Quote from: Jollie on August 17, 2009, 07:16:06 pm
where do you go to school?

The College Of New Jersey, just outside of Trenton.

LocalToast

Man, I want to volunteer at like E3 or GDC... but that would never happen :D

I've never been to a convention but hopefully you guys have fun and take lots of pics! :)

DDCecil

I went to the Classic Gaming Expo in Las Vegas in 2002 and then again in 2007 (Where I official caught the Famicom bug!). They didn't have one last year or this year, but hopefully next year.

I did get to run my own little trade area in '07 for about an hour:

Toneman

Last one I went to was Magfest in 07.

It jumped all over Virginia over the years

Roanoke > Williamsburg > Charlottesville > Arlington, VA
Instagram: Kokujin804

namakubi

Anybody else going to PAX 09? I'll be there all three days if anybody from here wants to drop a friendly "hello".