Black Fami Disk...

Started by DevIancE, January 20, 2007, 11:22:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DevIancE

January 20, 2007, 11:22:20 pm Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 08:45:59 pm by DevIancE
Hi, I'm a newbie here, and I hate asking for technical help with my first post, but...  I just got my second FDS after the first one I got had a circut board inside the motor broken in half before it had gotten to me, so I got another in the mail today, and it kept getting freezing on the "Now Loading" screen, no error messages or anything, so I took it apart, cleaned it, checked the belt, adjusted the head and motor, and got it to work. It was doing good, and read about 70% of my disks with no problem, then all of the sudden, it went right back to being stuck at the "Now Laoding" screen again. Does anyone have a clue as to what could be causing this?

I also was wondering if anyone knew anything about official Black Fami Disks, as I got one with a lot that has a weird hacked version of Super Mario Bros. on it, and from the info I've gathered, these disks only came in Yellow, and Blue.

JC

Right about yellow and blue -- those were the offiicial releases. Yellow is the majority of games, while blue is the disk fax games. Black and tan are pirated games. You may be having problems loading because you're trying to load pirated copies of games, which are typically not compatible with the Disk System.

Doc

Some of the companies were able to get away with it, though. Something about how one of the letters in "NINTENDO" on the offical disks is pushed down while the other letters aren't, and that's how the disks are accepted. The other companies just put a line where that spot is to get it to work.

DevIancE

I got the Disk System working finally. The RAM cart wasn't functioning properly. I tried another RAM cart, and got it working, so I am now the proud owner of a working FDS finally!!

The black disk does have Nintendo engraved into it, and also came in a black sleeve, but as I said, has a very weird Hacked Super Mario Bros. written on it. Here's a pic...   

kite200

read it again, it says NINIENDO.

Its most definately pirated.

However, the hacked mario might be sweet. PICS PLEASE!
ステキ

DevIancE

January 21, 2007, 11:21:58 am #5 Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 11:30:39 am by DevIancE
Heh, indeed it does...  My bad.

I have about four different hacked Marios that I've went through so far. I got 42 games with my FDS, so I'm still sorting through them. Most of them are legit Nintendo Disks, but alot of them won't work.

Is there anyone here that could possibly re-write these disk for me for a set fee?

kite200

Chimeyfolkbutter can write fds disks. Also, make sure its the diskettte and not the fds thats causing the problem. Also, make sure the disk is not dirty. if the magnetic media gets dirty you can get error 40. HVC-027 and HVC-028 are the model numbers for the official nintendo cleaning set
ステキ

DevIancE

My system reads about 70% percent of the disks, and reads all of the legit disks, but like two so far, so I think I've got the drive tuned pretty well. Alot of the disk are pulling an error 27 after the screen goes black for a while, so I figure they are either corrupt, or the FDS won't reconize them. I also have a legit Zelda disk that someone has written over with Final Fantasy, so It would be cool to get some of these fixed.

kite200

if it reads all but two of the legit disks its possible those two are bust or need a cleaning. invest in the hvc 027 and 028 cleaning set, they're easy to come by on ebay
ステキ

DevIancE

Cool, I'll do that as well.

chimyfolkbutter

Th Fami disks are pirates.  I have plenty of them with that I use with the game doctor.  As for rewriting disks, just pm me if you need help.

Plus, welcome to the community.

-CFB

madman

Sometimes games that require a game doctor for operation will throw up an error code if one isn't plugged in.  I've seen I think 2 or 3 different hacked SMB1 games on the pirate FDS disks I have.  Is the first enemy a turtle encased in a rectangle of bricks?

DevIancE

Quote from: madman on January 21, 2007, 08:17:09 pm
Sometimes games that require a game doctor for operation will throw up an error code if one isn't plugged in.  I've seen I think 2 or 3 different hacked SMB1 games on the pirate FDS disks I have.  Is the first enemy a turtle encased in a rectangle of bricks?

Yes, one of them is...  I played it for a little bit, until I determined it was evil as hell, which took about two minutes.

DevIancE

Oh, here's some pics of all of the two lots of Famicom stuff I've got in the last few weeks...

All of the disk in the back are legit Famicom Disks, and the ones in the front are various bootlegs sorted by color.

JC

Cool, man. Neat to see a Hong Kong Disk System. Hey, did you have any more info on the Mario hacks you've got -- screenshots or details?