GETSU FUUMA

Started by ATARI7800, February 05, 2011, 08:24:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ATARI7800

does anyone iformation on this game and charater and where can i find a rom for this game  :diskkun:

UglyJoe

No ROM requests, please.

Xious

Quote from: ATARI7800 on February 05, 2011, 08:24:15 pm
does anyone iformation on this game and charater and where can i find a rom for this game  :diskkun:

I can sell you the cart, or tell you about the game. Watch JewWario's review on YouTube (The 'You Can Play This' series).

satoshi_matrix

Keep in mind that this is a pretty frustrating game. Everytime I sit down to put in serious time into it to review it I'm put off by its sheer difficulty in a number of different ways. It's a game you need to draw your own map for, its a game you need a basic understanding of Japanese to play as certain items are required to advance and to top it off its HARD.

All that said though, it's a great game with good graphics and great music. also the game is called Getsu Fuma Den.

ATARI7800

thanks for the info i will have to watch your review of the game  :gamer:

Xious

I wouldn't say it's much more frustrating than Ninja Ryūkenden, Link no Boken, or Akumajō Densetsu...Heck, it's certainly less aggravating than Dracula II--and even less-so than Castlevaia II.

The story requires linguistic understanding, but the gameplay is mostly side-scrolling/platforming or 3-D mazes. Anyone playing it will definitely want an item FAQ though so that you know what the objects in the shoppes do when you use them. To me map-making isn't really a hassle, and was required for many RPGs, usually much heavier than this. I usually do map-making and note-taking in any game, and this didn't require as much as say,  games like Deep Dungeon, which can be mind-blowingly confusing, or 'Wizardry' (grind...grind...griiiiind) or even the dungeons in FF/DQ. The game itself is actually pretty fun, once you get into it, and it certainly feels better (more fluid) than Link no Boken too.

Keep in id this this is from the 'everything has RPG elements' era, so these skills were expected of gamers, and there weren't any walk-through guides, FAQs or other such help. The Internet wasn't an option in 1987; your only sources of help were BBSs (if you had an account to dial into), magazines, and mates to help you figure stuff out. Video games expected you to use your mind and dexterity to find solutions; they didn't start holding your hand until the 32-Bit era.

That's why accidentally crashing Ninja Ryūkenden after getting all the way to 6-1 the other day was so angering: My only choice was to start over again from 1-1, and I decided to do actual work instead. Maybe Ill play the sequel next...  :bomb:

punkpolitical

This game is so fun if you play it you might want to know what the items are so heres a link

:pow:http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Getsu_Fuuma_Den/Items :pow: