September 19, 2024, 05:01:10 pm

Nintendo's New Console

Started by petik1, April 18, 2011, 07:11:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

petik1

Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on June 07, 2011, 09:54:56 pm
This system is a joke, it's like copying a Dreamcast controller and fusing it with a NDS then slightly enhancing the Wii's graphics... It's basically the same as Wii just rounded a bit. Very nice Nintendo... :/

I completely disagree.

1. That is definitely not a Dreamcast controller. More like an iPad with buttons. According to reports, it comfortable to hold and lighter than you'd think.
2. Did you see the Wii U's tech demo?
3. Well in that respect, we could say the same about the XBOX and XBOX 360.

RegalSin

June 08, 2011, 10:29:40 am #46 Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:17:11 am by manuel

FamicomRetroGamer

I'm actually very disappointed, the name for starters makes no sense for a console, the game footage they used at E3 was from 360/PS3 and the huge controller is just a cashcow for Nintendo.

I've lost hope that Nintendo would ever go back to the 90's quality.

Wii U is the best name you could come up with, Nintendo?! -.-"

petik1

Huh, I guess I'm the only one who's optimistic. I just say, wait and see. Nintendo has never failed to surprise when it comes to home consoles.

Virtual Boy not included.

nintendodork

Quote from: petik1 on June 08, 2011, 07:48:40 pm
I just say, wait and see.
Me too.  I don't necessarily like what I'm seeing right now, but Nintendo has usually always pulled through for me.  I even liked the Virtual Boy.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

MasterDisk

Quote from: FamicomRetroGamer on June 08, 2011, 06:23:55 pm
I'm actually very disappointed, the name for starters makes no sense for a console, the game footage they used at E3 was from 360/PS3 and the huge controller is just a cashcow for Nintendo.

I've lost hope that Nintendo would ever go back to the 90's quality.

Wii U is the best name you could come up with, Nintendo?! -.-"

It could be a prototype name. Remember the Wii was called Revolution in 2005. And if we go back in 1984, the NES was named Advanced Video System.

But yeah the idea looks good. The only downside will be the battery of the controller.

son_ov_hades

I think the WiiU looks awesome, and I'll probably buy one on launch day.

FamicomRetroGamer

Apart from what I've disliked about Wii 2, it certainly looks fantastic the console's hardware and software.

I wonder how the regular controller will be, something between NGC's (analogue stick up left and the 2nd analogue stick down right) and Wii's would be great.

Still, I don't see myself buying it, since I own PS3/X360 and haven't yet bought most of my favourite titles.

Wii 2 with a Blu-ray Player but it'll only legally play games? Who knows. If it's like the Wii, it legitimately only played games but when hacked it could be used as a DVD Player.

Wii 2 looks like a win-win for now (the name "WiiU" is a fail).

tappybot

Personally not impressed. Was hoping to be pleasantly surprised.  Instead  I feel like this could be the nail in the coffin as far as my love for Nintendo goes.

They're a completely different company than they were 15 years ago..

L___E___T

I really wanted to see this announcement - I'm a huge Nintendo fan - but I don't think I'll be buying this.  I'm getting an iPad 2 instead in Famicom colours.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: L___E___T on June 12, 2011, 08:29:43 am
I really wanted to see this announcement - I'm a huge Nintendo fan - but I don't think I'll be buying this.  I'm getting an iPad 2 instead in Famicom colours.

With Famicom's skin colour it must look awesome, do you have an exact picture of it?

Nothing certain came up when I googled for "iPad 2 Famicom".

L___E___T

Sorry, it's just a bit of a joke - white ipad 2 with red cover and a Nintendo logo or two ;)
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

modeltfordman

I do not think I'm going to jump on this. I was hoping for something else not an updated wii with a mini screen. I'll wait and see what games are coming out before running to the register to buy a wiiu.

Xious

Quote from: manuel on April 20, 2011, 03:43:38 am
That also sound unrealistic to me. I mean 6 inches is pretty huge. Even the NGP will "only" have a 5 inch screen.

The MK-I Atari Lynx, with all of its awesome wideness could accommodate a six-inch diagonal LCD. Additionally, there are very low-power-consumption LCD modules out there.

It's still an overcomplicated heap built for 3-D-immersion obsessed American gamers that need fifteen control buttons and a spinner to execute a jump.

I would also expect your Wii-net to go south once this launches... :bomb:

nensondubois

Quote from: tappybot on June 10, 2011, 05:23:39 am
Personally not impressed. Was hoping to be pleasantly surprised.  Instead  I feel like this could be the nail in the coffin as far as my love for Nintendo goes.

They're a completely different company than they were 15 years ago..

That is why they suck now. Also, how Nintendo is rushing everything, you have a tell-tail sign of suckage.