Anyway to make the GBA SP screen brighter?

Started by tonev, May 31, 2011, 06:13:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tonev

Anyway to make the GBA SP screen brighter?
I am back everyone :)

manuel

Build in a brighter backlight?  :crazy:

Or get a DSlite.  :P

tonev

some people claim that they have made their gba sp more brighter than before... if they are buying some parts i wish to know what kind of parts

fredJ

You can press the light button on the SP.

Only other reasonable way is to buy the SP with built in backlight. AGS-101
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

tonev

I know about the button  ;D
but on the back of my gameboy it says that it is AGS - 001 so i guess it is old model... is there any way to get parts for AGS 101 and use them  on my 001?

L___E___T

There is - I'm sure google could help you out...
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

tonev

Huh it is hard to find information because there is so many stuff but who to believe
I see that some people are selling screens for 001 model and they claim that they are brighter than the original...
Also other people say that you can mod the new screen from the later GBA SP

To work on older models...
But other people say that this is impossible...
Well if not i am just going to replace the case  ;D

nintendodork

Well yeah, they released a second model of the SP that had a brighter screen than the other one, and if the brighter screen draws the same amount of power as the older one does, then I suppose you could take the screen out of the new one and put it on the old one, but I don't see why, if you already had two perfectly fine SPs, you would want to just essentially change the cases.  I don't understand why people make such a big deal over this brighter screen either way.  Be thankful you at least have a backlight. :P
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Lum

There is 101's comparative scarcity. PAL ones are supposedly quite rare, and it didn't release in Japan. I dunno which model China's iQue GBA SP is though.
*bzzzt*

tonev

nintendodork the photo is not mine i got it from IGN :D
So you think i can swap the 101 screen with the one from 001?

nintendodork

Well, that was figuratively speaking.  I don't think you could because I don't think the tech specs of those to models are similar enough for you to switch screens without any problems.  If you can get your hands on the brighter model, I'd say just stick with the brighter model and don't worry about something like swapping screens just for a different case color.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

FamicomFreak

Why not just hunt down a SP+ with the brighter screen already in it? I think that would be an easier solution.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

nintendodork

Quote from: FamicomFreak on June 02, 2011, 08:47:52 am
Why not just hunt down a SP+ with the brighter screen already in it?
That's what I'm trying to say. :P If you have one with a brighter screen in it, I'd just keep it that way instead of trying to mess with it.

RegalSin

I use the original GBASP, and their is nothing wrong with it. If their is a problem with the lights, you need to check your warranty, or if their might be problems with the unit itself.

tonev

There is nothing wrong with my GBA SP it is in perfect condition but i heard about the newer model with the brighter screen... but  if not i will stick with it :)