Custom Famicom Cartridge labels?

Started by Parodius Duh, October 26, 2011, 10:19:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jpx72

Hey RainLink! Would you please be so kind and try to remake the Rockman Minus infinity label to fit a standard NES cartridge? I don't have the measurements at the moment...

RainLink

I figured a direct Famicom to NES label looked a little bit odd, so I did a few tweaks to make it look like an offical Mega Man label.

Is this to your liking jpx72?

And, if you want, I can change the logo from Rockman 4 to Mega Man 4 if you prefer, with the "Minus Infinity" in English if you want, I just left it the same due to the origins of the romhack.

I'll post the template once I finalize it after some suggestions from you jpx72! Just let me know and if anyone else wants comment, feel free!  :D
"Consider your origins: You were not made to live as brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge." - Dante Alighieri

L___E___T

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

jpx72

Couldn't be better RainLink!!! Thank you so much! It's really extra ordinary!
Fom the hardware side, it's just a concept. I don't know if this will be working as a real (NES) cart one day, but I am serious about trying to do it.
Quote from: RainLink on October 26, 2012, 10:44:24 am
And, if you want, I can change the logo from Rockman 4 to Mega Man 4 if you prefer, with the "Minus Infinity" in English if you want

No no, the hack is from a Japanese author and for a japanese game Rockman 4. So no english names please. To be completely honest, one thing I don't like is the "USA" under the Capcom logo :)
Looking forward to the template, can you please think also about the part of the label that folds over top of the cartridge?

RainLink

October 26, 2012, 01:56:33 pm #304 Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 02:25:15 pm by RainLink
L_E_T Thanks again - you're always so kind and supportive.  :D

jpx72 - Thank you too! For the "Capcom USA" box, do you want to just take out the USA and just leave it as the red box with the capcom logo, or do you want me to use the more common blue and yellow Capcom logo and put it in the top left area? (Where the black part is, not the dark blue part)

As for the part of the label that folds over the top of the cartridge, I completely forgot to do that, and I'm not even really sure of what the dimensions would be of that either. The template I used was courtesy of "Deluxive", a wonderful website Butcherdeliz pointed me in the direction of. Making it would be easy, but I'm just not sure what the dimensions would be of that. I'll look around for more templates.

Option 1:

Option 2:

EDIT: I went onto http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/ and used one of their top labels as a base:

How's that look?
"Consider your origins: You were not made to live as brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge." - Dante Alighieri

L___E___T

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

punkpolitical

I thought i would give this a shot.

Spoiler
[close]

jpx72

Guys you are fantastic! RainLink, both versions are totally awesome, I will print one of those and show you how it looks! The top part is also great!
And punkpolitical..... WAAAAAAAA! That's so... cute and futuristic at the same time! You did a great job too!
I think I will try to print both! ;D

marcshort

October 28, 2012, 04:24:30 pm #308 Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 06:11:03 pm by marcshort
Awesome work RainLink!!
Here are some new fake famicom labels I made yesterday. :)

RainLink

Thank you marcshort! It's always a treat to see your artwork. I especially LOVE your Rocktape cart design, I'm a fan of Rockband I must admit.

80sFREAK

After seeing all this artwork, i might give "minus" a try(i guess everyone knows, i'm not a big fan of platformers).

One more "weird" request - Exolon label for Famicom
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

egg_sanwich

Quote from: marcshort on October 28, 2012, 04:24:30 pm
Awesome work RainLink!!
Here are some new fake famicom labels I made yesterday. :)

I think Poo Poo Land is my all time favorite name for a game  ;D

marcshort

Thanks so much guys!   ;D
Here are some more labels I made.

Butcherdeliz

Youve got one big brain full of weird  ideas. I like. :D

RainLink

October 31, 2012, 10:13:26 am #314 Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:07:23 pm by RainLink
Quote from: 80sFREAK on October 30, 2012, 03:24:32 pm
After seeing all this artwork, i might give "minus" a try(i guess everyone knows, i'm not a big fan of platformers).

One more "weird" request - Exolon label for Famicom

This one looks difficult as well, I'll try my best!  :D

EDIT:

How's this look?