Favorite Famicom Besuboru (Baseball) games

Started by treismac, February 16, 2012, 07:50:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

treismac

Are there any Famicom baseball fans out there?  What games are fun or charming enough to pick up off eBay?

Cheetahmen

I'd probably suggest the Japanese version of Dusty Diamond's Baseball and Base Wars (dunno if the latter got released on the Famicom) for their weirdness. :D
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

jpx72

I always liked the pulseline Baseball - the first one. But there are many more sophisticated versions, like Kyuukyoku Harikiri Stadium III, or check the weird cartridge shape of Natettatte! Baseball.

fredJ

I never understood baseball games... you are lucky if you hit the ball and ... that's it I suppose.
They made some 35 baseball games for the famicom... There must be something to it, but what?  ???

Moero!! Pro Yakyuu (Bases Loaded) seems a bit popular.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

lobdale

Konami's Ganbare Pennant Race is one most people don't know about, and it's pretty charming too.  You can play in either "the east" (Tokyo, dome stadium), "the west" (probably Kobe/Osaka Koshien stadium) or an American stadium, and there are a bunch of teams named after Konami characters.  The Goemons, for example, are all Goemon.

The graphics are pretty cute and there's taiko drumming and stuff while the game goes on too.

manuel

Quote from: fredJ on February 17, 2012, 11:45:56 am
I never understood baseball games... you are lucky if you hit the ball and ... that's it I suppose.
They made some 35 baseball games for the famicom... There must be something to it, but what?  ???

Same with me!
Although I never counted them.
The "felt number" is more like 100.  :crazy:

Cheetahmen

Quote from: manuel on February 17, 2012, 04:26:29 pm
Quote from: fredJ on February 17, 2012, 11:45:56 am
They made some 35 baseball games for the famicom... There must be something to it, but what?  ???

Same with me!
Although I never counted them.
The "felt number" is more like 100.  :crazy:
I wouldn't be surprised. I'm sure every major developer made at least one baseball game on the Famicom. :P
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

Parodius Duh

Quote from: lobdale on February 17, 2012, 02:15:34 pm
Konami's Ganbare Pennant Race is one most people don't know about, and it's pretty charming too.  You can play in either "the east" (Tokyo, dome stadium), "the west" (probably Kobe/Osaka Koshien stadium) or an American stadium, and there are a bunch of teams named after Konami characters.  The Goemons, for example, are all Goemon.

The graphics are pretty cute and there's taiko drumming and stuff while the game goes on too.

I second this! Only baseball game I have ever actually enjoyed playing!

Sajun

I'm not a big baseball fan or sports fan in general, but with the ridiculous amounts of sports games they felt the need to make I feel like I should at least pick one and enjoy it. Definitely will be checking out that last one mentioned. Sounds awesome! =)

manuel

Baseball is the national sport in Japan, so it's only natural that there are a lot of baseball games on almost every system.

ventrra

I only play "weird" sports games, so I'd say that Battle Baseball is pretty good.  (It's baseball with characters form Godzilla, Ultraman, and others.)