MOST WANTED FC FAMICOM games - a poll for new carts on demand

Started by OZMA WARS, June 20, 2012, 07:10:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OZMA WARS

:help:
hi there
have the possibility ( nothing concrete yet ) to ask a producer in China ( already famiclom clones and games producer ) to start producing new carts ( the famous pirate or, better now because copyright no more needed, unofficial games ) for this system ( but also MS SFC MD-Genesis.. .
I would like to see if as a private or as a company I could have some business with retrogames.
This company told me they can produce any Fc game I want. also multicart are possible, depending on the memory. Because we are used to buy this kind of multicarts on Ebay I asked them if it is possible to choose the games to build in. The reply was affirmative. 4in 1, 8in 1, 21in 1, 65 in 1 are possible combinations so, we can eventually ask for specific multicarts, one cart the best shoot-em-up, other multicart for the best platformer and so on.
Or simply the game we need with specific label
In this way some hard to find games, rare games or hacked collectible games would be finally available for all FC fanatics.
But...but...that's the point, have to give them minimum orders of some hundreds per time.
Still have no idea of the costs, numbers, shipping, custom tariffs and local taxes....but it would be interesting to have your opinion
I am an avid collector for older systems but have NO idea of the FAMICOM community numbers and no idea of the most rated or of the most desired ( and hard to find ) games.
So my question is :
Can we start a poll where all of you tell me the
A - the game you would like to buy as single cartridge
B - the 4 games you would like to have on a multicart
C - the 8 games (or more) you would like to have on a multicart
the best would be to introduce here a poll but how to do it ?
I reserve the possibility to keep note of all yr. indications here and to inform the producer of "our" requirements. Will revert you after having collected some numbers here in, hope, a brief time.
summer 1984, JUNO FIRST, Konami, arcades just at the high school corner, 24 hours, 16 min. continuous playing, 1 game, 1 coin.

manuel

Sounds interesting, but will probably be too expensive.

Multicarts with
- Rockman 1-6 & Rock Board
- Adventure Island 1-4
- all Kunio games
would sell well.

80sFREAK

Quote from: manuel on June 20, 2012, 07:30:58 am
Sounds interesting, but will probably be too expensive.

Multicarts with
- Rockman 1-6 & Rock Board
- Adventure Island 1-4
- all Kunio games
would sell well.
For the first one ask jpx72 and for the last one ask FARID
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

manuel

I'd only be interested in the Rockman one.
And I'm following your & jpx72's progress on that one.  ;D

Duke.Togo

My interest would be if you can supply the roms. I would like English patched versions of several titles (mostly RPGs.) Also some pirate originals like Super Mario World or any of these: http://www.gamesniped.com/2010/01/14/famicom-chinese-original-games-diablo-chrono-trigger-resident-evil-zelda-harvest-moon/

Of course a Recca cart is always interesting.

GohanX

A multicart with RPGs with english translations on them would be the best thing ever.

80sFREAK

Quote from: manuel on June 20, 2012, 08:41:53 am
And I'm following your & jpx72's progress on that one.  ;D
Oh, good. A bit slow at moment, but moving forward :) Should we(me and jpx72) start do pre-orders?

Quote from: GohanX on June 21, 2012, 05:26:00 pm
A multicart with RPGs with english translations on them would be the best thing ever.
Which ones? You have to be more specific - there is few different mappers, so ROM's have to be patched for one mapper. Just make list.

Oh, i know :) DragonQuest 4-in-1 with saves :)
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

lobdale

This'll never happen.  But if it does, Adventure Island 4-in-1 and a Recca please.

manuel

Quote from: 80sFREAK on June 21, 2012, 07:42:04 pm
Quote from: manuel on June 20, 2012, 08:41:53 am
And I'm following your & jpx72's progress on that one.  ;D
Oh, good. A bit slow at moment, but moving forward :) Should we(me and jpx72) start do pre-orders?

Definitely!  ;D

80sFREAK

2 OZMA WARS i don't think your chinese friends will be interested in manufacturing  unique cartriges in amount range 10-15. Or price will be not like volumerates one.

L___E___T

It's a mimimum 1000 piece order, 500 if you're lucky or can negotiate a good deal.  Not necessarily easy especially if you're non-native.
I looked into this before with the aim of building the best multicart out there, but it already exists and as I'd need to sell them to cover costs, I didn't want to become a pirate and draw any attention that way.  
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

80sFREAK

L___E___T

Well, one cartridge at least yes.  But it means you get 1 unit for about a buck and a half, plus you can choose your own multicart of course.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

80sFREAK

manuel

And you might face copyright infringement charges when you live in the wrong country...