MOST WANTED FC FAMICOM games - a poll for new carts on demand

Started by OZMA WARS, June 20, 2012, 07:10:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NintendoKing

Quote from: Duke.Togo on June 21, 2012, 04:54:42 pm
My interest would be if you can supply the roms. I would like English patched versions of several titles (mostly RPGs.) Also some pirate originals like Super Mario World or any of these: http://www.gamesniped.com/2010/01/14/famicom-chinese-original-games-diablo-chrono-trigger-resident-evil-zelda-harvest-moon/

Of course a Recca cart is always interesting.

Cart with SMW, Super Bros. 8, Mario Lottery and Super Mario IV; that would be a crazy money maker.

OZMA WARS

which infringments of laws ? since years Nes and snes clones are authorized, simply have not to refer to nes/fc copyrighted official names. the point they are 99% produced in China it is clear, none can beat them on prices.
A multicart : 16 and 21 in 1 are approx. 6 USD. Then have to clarify all other points but in 2 - 4 weeks should have clear ideas.
Despite I have with producers corrispondence in english it seems we speak of two different thing all the times and always have to restart from zero.... will revert you asap
summer 1984, JUNO FIRST, Konami, arcades just at the high school corner, 24 hours, 16 min. continuous playing, 1 game, 1 coin.

manuel

We're not talking about hardware, but software - the games.

From the point where you put copyrighted software on carts and sell them for a profit, you are doing something illegal in most jurisdictions of the world.

You can build hardware clones as you like, but the software is still protected by copyright and you are not allowed to make profits off somebody else's intellectual property.

I and most others here don't care about that. But if a company does, they might sue the producer of those carts for copyright infringement.

senseiman

Manuel is correct.  The hardware was protected by patent, which lasts only 20 years and for the Famicom expired in 2003 which is why Famiclones are now legal.

The software on the other hand is still covered by copyright, which lasts for the entire life of the creator of the game plus 50 years (70 years in some countries including the US).  It will be several decades before the copyright on any Famicom games expire.

With pirated carts the authorities might turn a blind eye to collectors sending single carts to each other for personal use, but if you start ordering them by the thousand then that becomes the sort of thing which customs will take an interest in and you could well find yourself in jail.  I don`t recommend it.

crade

Copyright is pretty much infinite..  everytime disney is in danger of mickey mouse expiring they bribe someone to extend it and the us forces then everyone else to do what they do...  the punishment will most likely be suing your grandma and possibly putting thumb screws on her.
GRRR!

OZMA WARS

noted. :-\
anyway, sent a letter to the Producer who confirm most of their customers are not companies but single persons ( no juridic form ) that send small and minimum orders like of 30 consoles PS1clones per month with 200 ps1 games built in, 6 mini-arcade cabinets 3500 jamma in 1, and 400 FC carts..this the minimum they ask.
So, all of us have in their collection some pirate carts and we buy them from private guys on Ebay..
I understand here the topic not of interest but I will try to know more on the matter.
summer 1984, JUNO FIRST, Konami, arcades just at the high school corner, 24 hours, 16 min. continuous playing, 1 game, 1 coin.

famifan

it is abandonware. Nintendo and other companies don't get any profits on those game nowadays. They'd already earned all money they can earn. They really don't care about 0.00001% of people who still plays famicom.

L___E___T

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

lobdale

Quote from: famifan on June 27, 2012, 01:47:20 am
it is abandonware. Nintendo and other companies don't get any profits on those game nowadays. They'd already earned all money they can earn. They really don't care about 0.00001% of people who still plays famicom.

They get profits on selling them via Wii and 3DS Virtual Console, I guarantee they still have plenty of interest in not abandoning the copyrights to some pretty beloved IP.  But yeah for the most part, stuff like this is largely ignored.

L___E___T

Also don't forget the rule in US law that if you don't act to preserve your IP, it's validity can be questioned at a later date.

So basically, protect it or lose it.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

crade

^ Thats actually just a myth that companies pretend to believe as an excuse to sue people..  There is something to that for patents I think (although still not in the way the companies pretend), but definately not for copyright.  Your copyrights don't go away, or change at all in any way from not "protecting" them (ie: not suing people). 
GRRR!

senseiman

Quote from: L___E___T on June 27, 2012, 08:50:56 am
Also don't forget the rule in US law that if you don't act to preserve your IP, it's validity can be questioned at a later date.

So basically, protect it or lose it.

Crade`s response to this is mostly correct.

Copyright and patent protection doesn`t go away simply because you don`t use it, it just automatically lasts as long as it is supposed to.

Trademark, on the other hand, DOES lose its validity if you don`t use it like you said.  Trademark just protects the names and symbols used on products.  So if Nintendo changed its name and completely stopped using the name `Nintendo` then after a while they would lose their trademark in it.  Of course there is no danger of that happening in this case.

About abandonware even that remains under copyright protection.  Not that Famicom games are abandonware, Nintendo still makes money off of them and still uses the characters (Mario, Donkey Kong, etc) in newer games as well and will want to protect them.  

OZMA WARS

so
one year later and after some visits to China ( because of metal business, not for hobbies ) I can report that some chinese producers STILL produce FAMICOM clones and GAMES, mainly multicarts.
One of these companies accept to eventually produce limited copies of 4in1 and 7in1 and 23in1 cartridges. I have to order at least 300 and a max of 3 combinations ( for example 100 4in1 + 100 23 in 1 + 100 7in1 or 100+200 and so on ).
Which games you would like to have that you do not find as single cart because too rare or too expensive ?
I suggest you go for a poll and mention which are yr. 4 or 7 or 23 WTB games and may be I can order a first bunch of carts.
This people not so easy to speak with, they need cash first and discussion later...thing that we, as collectors, cannot do. That's why, before to go them back, I would like to have yr. eventual comments.
Each cart should have a final price of 30 USD each, new with label but no box.
I would like to have 300 comments at least to have a clear statistics of the most required games.
Many thanks in advance.
MAX

Post Merge: May 09, 2013, 01:14:40 am

ops
to be correct I think 30 USD my selling price
the cost to the Producer would be 3 usd per cart + shipment to europe + customs and duties that I would pay as a company.

g_block

Could try doing an interest check over at Nintendoage, but they do NOT allow "pre-orders" (that involve taking money up front), but you can make a thread for interest check. Lots of people are into repros over there.

UglyJoe

Quote from: 80sFREAK on May 09, 2013, 01:44:51 am
Sorry, dude, for most community China=volmerates=$3.99FREE_SHIPPING

Yeah, pretty much.  It's not a bad idea, but $30 for a cheap multicart probably isn't going to generate a lot of interest here.