June 27, 2024, 10:48:05 pm

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stealthlurker

Some custom made 3D logo signs. Really love how these turned out. The NeoGeo logo is 24" in diameter! Lettering is raised.

L___E___T

Quote from: nintendodork on February 28, 2013, 03:12:38 pm
I'm so fucking jealous of that NIB G&W, Luke.  That's pretty dang nice.

...Thanks, you say that, but I had to pay the equivalent of a mint CIB Gimmick! for it though... :(     Still, you just don't see them around anymore so I went for it in the end and managed to get the guy down to a sort of reasonable price.

Stealthlurker those acrylic signs are amazing and then some!  No Nintendo, or SNK signs yet?  I think this would be perfect for a lightbox:

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

ebinsugewa

Fighter's History arcade board and a Donkey Kong Jr. bezel. Pictures to come.

Tecmo Ninja

Quote from: ebinsugewa on March 03, 2013, 08:07:46 am

who is that on your avatar?

Nightstar699

Quote from: Tecmo Ninja on March 03, 2013, 10:52:25 am
Quote from: ebinsugewa on March 03, 2013, 08:07:46 am

who is that on your avatar?

It's a figurine of Mighty Bomb Jack.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

stealthlurker

March 03, 2013, 12:35:44 pm #3215 Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 05:00:39 pm by stealthlurker
Quote from: L___E___T on March 02, 2013, 01:44:36 pm
Stealthlurker those acrylic signs are amazing and then some!  No Nintendo, or SNK signs yet?  I think this would be perfect for a lightbox:

Actually I just randomly came across the SEGA sign one day. I though what the heck I'll see if he does customs too. I went with a trial on the NeoGeo sign. Now that I see how great is his work firsthand, I have plans to do a lot, lot more haha! Probably will start off with a Japanese Super Famicom Logo, Megadrive Logo and PC-Engine Logo for the next wave.

Actually they weren't too pricey at all. I found the SEGA sign on Ebay for only 40 bucks shipped. I decided to pm him right after and if he could custom requests. He said yes and I found him a good PNG file for the NeoGeo logo. I asked him how big he could make it for me and due to the limitations of his current equipment he could only go about 24" in diameter. The NeoGeo one ran me a little over a hundred bucks shipped.

On a side note, got a chance to process the other packages I got in this week.

Fifteen bucks for a new/sealed PS3 BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend Limited Edition, new Xbox 360 Import Shmup Ginga Force, Custom of Legend of Almana, the classic Sansho the Bailiff on blu-ray, the latest issue of Shooting Gameside, Arcade Gamers (artsy pictorial of the japanese arcade gaming culture) and the new Megaman figure set.

Also in a modded SD card adapter compatible with the NeoGeo X console. Also came in with 2 mini-SD cards loaded with 50 games each.

Pretty nifty!

Hmmm that's weird! Forgot I had him do a famicom style cart custom.

That sure looks familiar.

Joystick gamers pictorial book. Nice "coffee table" style book with artsy pictures of "neglected" japanese arcades off the beaten path.

Also a bonus ordering shmup related items from my guy in Japan. Always throws in a bunch of little items in for free, including chocolate bars haha.

Post Merge: March 03, 2013, 07:07:25 pm

Ooops, almost forgot about these. More recent pickups.

Yes that copy of Border Down is sealed... and for only 100 bucks shipped. Quite a deal imho.  ;D

Old (right - original japanese PC version) vs the new (left - New "enhanced" PSP version)

Gameplay footage of Gunhound. Think of it as a faster paced version of Cybernator (SNES) / Assault Suits Valken (SFC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19NlukN8Vmk

Post Merge: March 03, 2013, 07:26:50 pm

Lastly, a new statue that totally reminds me of Ninja Spirit. Hence the little guys on the sides, haha.

Post Merge: March 04, 2013, 05:00:31 pm

Being a huge Macross fan and crazy nuts collector for things related to it.... pretty stoked about this one...

Just in today... The utterly gorgeous Macross 30th Anniversary Limited Edition PS3 game. So much artwork included. Even has a book that goes over 30 years of the Macross games that have been released!

Gameplay/Trailer video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovuY36fT30k

FamicomRetroGamer

360: Bulletstorm
PS3: uDraw Tablet
Wii: Nights - Journey of Dreams

These three were all pretty cheap, but I'm thinking of selling the uDraw Tablet thingy.

DDCecil

March 22, 2013, 04:58:05 pm #3217 Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 04:25:48 pm by DDCecil

Over the past month:

4 2600 games
Otaku no Seiza
SNES Retroport for Wii
Kirby Mass Attack
Pikmin 2
Pokemon Rumble Blast
Let's Get Cooking
Starfox 64 3D
Tales of the Abyss
Super Mario Land 3D
Mario Kart 7
Fire Emblem

EDIT: More stuff!

10 PS2 Imports
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals
Master of Illusion

L___E___T

Very nice finds everyone!  I always look forward to Stealthlurkers treasure hauls :D

Here's something I couldn't resist getting:

I also picked up Retro City Rampage, definitely recommended.  
It features my favourite NES / Famicom game too:

大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

FamicomRetroGamer

Recently bought:
* Super Mario 64 (Cartridge Only - Very Good Condition)

Received today:
* Superpad Plus 64 Controller (Awesome controller for N64)
* Xbox 360 800 Microsoft Points (free from Sky NOWTV offer)

Edit: Might use the 800 MSP to buy ilomilo and Trials HD they only cost 400 MSP each now.

MasterDisk

Found a perfectly working Game Cube in the trash center of my town. It is the first time I ever went there in fact. I had to put some special stuff to trash in particular tubs.

First, I saw it in someone else car... I thought he found it there and was taking it home but no. 5 Minutes later I saw it in a tub. I could only recover the AC and the console. Video cable disappeared (but I saw it when it was in his car).

And it is in good condition :)

L___E___T

What colour?  I had one in Purple, Red and Green and nearly bought the Tales of Symphonia one.  I loved Gamecube, I thought it was a great console with not enough good games unfortunately (due to its late release).
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

MasterDisk

P

Cool! I once found a fat PS2 with a controller in good condition in the trash. I wish I could find something more rare though. ;D

I loved the Gamecube too! I don't get why it sold so badly. I heard it was even taken off the shelves in the UK.

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: P on April 05, 2013, 03:38:40 pm
Cool! I once found a fat PS2 with a controller in good condition in the trash. I wish I could find something more rare though. ;D

I loved the Gamecube too! I don't get why it sold so badly. I heard it was even taken off the shelves in the UK.

NGC didn't have too much support from third party developers, nor did the console sell well enough and now the NGC nightmare is back on Nintendo's Wii U.

To be fair, it's Nintendo's fault because they released Wii U in the middle of the 7th Gen and 8th Gen, which makes it compete against Xbox 360, PS3 & Xbox 720, PS4 wasn't really an intelligent move from Nintendo. Iwata needs to be fired.