June 30, 2024, 08:30:17 am

Finds (All Others)

Started by JC, August 26, 2006, 12:11:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DDCecil

More stuff, no pictures since I'm too tired...

-Animal Crossing (GC) - Mainly to play Clu Clu Land, Punch-Out!! and Zelda :link: until I get back the actual carts.
-Xbox system with hook-ups and no controller.
-Game Boy Camera! Can't wait to see those scary faces!  :o

wholesalewatch648

by no means an amazing rare item find, but I bought this Gameboy for $2.00.
I am a big Nintendo fan! especially GameBoy, N64, SFC, GC. And of course Mario games
I collect SFC/N64 mainly. Some rare famicom stuff too. Also miscellaneous video game stuff.

L___E___T

April 06, 2013, 07:25:29 am #3227 Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 05:55:56 am by L___E___T
Quote from: FamicomRetroGamer on April 05, 2013, 07:24:14 pm
Quote from: P on April 05, 2013, 03:38:40 pm
Cool! I once found a fat PS2 with a controller in good condition in the trash. I wish I could find something more rare though. ;D

I loved the Gamecube too! I don't get why it sold so badly. I heard it was even taken off the shelves in the UK.

NGC didn't have too much support from third party developers, nor did the console sell well enough and now the NGC nightmare is back on Nintendo's Wii U.

To be fair, it's Nintendo's fault because they released Wii U in the middle of the 7th Gen and 8th Gen, which makes it compete against Xbox 360, PS3 & Xbox 720, PS4 wasn't really an intelligent move from Nintendo. Iwata needs to be fired.

In the middle?  You're kidding right?  The end!  Yeah the problem is when you release late, you don't have the player base to justify games being built or even ported, as the Wii U is now seeing.  I just hope Nintendo have another card up their sleeve.

Ace find with the gameboy!  gonna backlight mod it?  Don't be scared!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

stealthlurker

April 06, 2013, 01:53:19 pm #3228 Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 07:42:33 am by stealthlurker
MISSION COMPLETE! All Japanese Wondermegas boxed and complete!  ;)

Dueling SEGA Wondermegas. The harder one to find.

Picked up 2 more Sony PVM RGB (2030) pro-grade monitors. These came with the hard to find hard travel cases. Also decked out with the optional speakers and remote. Best of all, they each have less than 50 hrs of use on each! Very happy!

Now I've got 7 of these RGB PVM monitors, haha.

Also had some more custom posters done. Turned out very nice.

More custom posters

Some custom binders. They turned out really nice. Looks so much better in person.

Custom SEGA neon sign

Physical copy of Darkstalkers Resurrection and Person 4 Arena 2D fighting games.

Pretty darn rare Goemon platformer for Gameboy Color

NeoGeo goodness...

Been wanting a NeoGeo Ironclad Brikinger in cart form for a looooong time. Now I have it on AES (home console) and MVS (arcade) cart form!  ;D

Have all the individual releases, but have been lusting over these box sets for a while. They did a fantastic job!

Picked up a 5th NeoGeo X joystick (on sale). Plan to use it from time to time at the office, haha.

Also went on a huge resealable plastic baggy and clear protective box rampage for multiple platforms. Still got some other types en route. This round mainly protecting Wonderswan, GBA, GB, GBC, Mark III, more 8bit Famicom and NeoGeo AES boxed games in clear box protectors and or baggies.

Lookin' sharp!

Did an entire bin full of boxed JPN gameboy games. Phew!

The crazy thing is that I have tons more stuff en route. I feel like a store receiving inventory!  ;D

JessicaWolf

Not sure that many people collect for the system, but I just got my SwanCrystal in the mail today. Having played a Wonderswan Color for a couple of years, I can safely say the SwanCrystal is far superior, and it works much better with the Worm Light accessory  :)

Here are a few games I am looking for right now
Super Puzzle Fighter II X (Sega Saturn)
GeGeGe no Kotarou (Sega Saturn)
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (Sega Saturn)
KiKi KaiKai (PC Engine) (CIB)
Puzzle Bobble (Super Famicom) (CIB)

manuel

Yes, the Swan Crystal is much nicer.
The screen of the normal Wonderswan is not really very good.

I think I have a Swan Crystal too somewhere... Oh god, I need to sort out my stuff.  :-[

JessicaWolf

Quote from: manuel on April 06, 2013, 05:25:12 pm
Yes, the Swan Crystal is much nicer.
The screen of the normal Wonderswan is not really very good.

I think I have a Swan Crystal too somewhere... Oh god, I need to sort out my stuff.  :-[

Now that I have a decent system to play Wonderswan games on, my next acquisition is going to be getting Digimon Anode & Cathode Tamer (Veedramon Version) from a friend of mine who lives in Korea. It's actually one of the only Wonderswan games released in English, since it was released only in the Korean market as a bundle with a Wonderswan Color system.
Here are a few games I am looking for right now
Super Puzzle Fighter II X (Sega Saturn)
GeGeGe no Kotarou (Sega Saturn)
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (Sega Saturn)
KiKi KaiKai (PC Engine) (CIB)
Puzzle Bobble (Super Famicom) (CIB)

FamicomFreak

I always wanted to get a WonderSwan but hmm this one looks quite interesting. Thanks for the info ! AWA!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

L___E___T

Stealthlurker what's great about those monitors?  I need to find a good RGB monitor or a DIY arcade cabinet project.
That's an impressive finds haul - though some of the posters pics seem to be dead links?  I wanna see them!
Lastly, please show us all those CIB Gameboy games!  I pick these up one or two at a time so I'd love to see what you grabbed over time! :D

Here are some recent finds from me:

NIB Gameboy headphones:

As new Pokemon Yellow and Konami's Outburst:

A Club Nintendo brochure outlining some of the benefits:

I have one of the Famicom prototype GBAs NIB so I figured this would complement nicely.

CIB Dragon Quest 3 for SFC, been looking for a while for a nice condition one:

NIB Konami Justifier:

They used the same styrofoam as the regular version that included the game, I don't think it's missing anything.

A Killzone helmet, houses the special edition of the game.  A colleague didn't want this, so I got it for free.  I like it - it reminds me of Jin Roh and will fit the Rockman manga I'm currently reading, or whatever game I'm currently playing safely.

More to come in a few weeks.  Looking forward to my Drag N Derp cart when it finally arrives.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

stealthlurker

Well, those types of monitors are/were used by film studios, television/broadcast, etc. Anytime you needed reference level picture quality. They've got all sorts of inputs and features. Also professional grade connectors, like BNC. They're stackable, got handles, degauss button, etc. But most importantly of all (for me at least), they're great for RGB retro gaming. Here in the States we didn't have SCART, so old CRTs with RGB capability don't really exist. These are one way to go.... but can also be hard to source, depending on your area.

Haha, maybe one of these days I'll lay'em out and "document" them with pics. I stopped comprehensive cataloging like that a long time ago. Too much hoopla involved.  ;D

BTW, that's some really MINT looking stuff you acquired. Especially digging those Gameboy headphones. Looks NOS!

L___E___T

The Gameboy headphones are NOS and unopened inside.  Would you like one for trade or something?
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

stealthlurker

Quote from: L___E___T on April 07, 2013, 08:05:06 am
The Gameboy headphones are NOS and unopened inside.  Would you like one for trade or something?

Any stuff you looking for in particular? I've got duplicates on all sorts of platforms. Do you have anything else you might be interested in trading also? If this sounds interesting to you, we could save trips to the post and shipping to knock out a couple of items in one shot.

I absolutely hate going to the post to ship stuff. The main reason why I don't sell/trade in general, haha.

FamicomFreak

I haven't posted any finds here in a while! Well here are some from the past week! Be sure to check me out on Facebook! Keyword Retro Gaming Life

Popful Mail <3

Cheers!

DDCecil

^ Popful Mail rules! I want to get that back, but everyone wants a ton of money for it now... One of these days I'll get it back... plus I still need to fix the fuse in my Sega CD...

Here are my newest finds and purchases:

The 5 :redcart: games were from Manuel, and I didn't realize the Japanese version of Mickey Mousecapade has enemies different from the U.S. version!

I also got the 4th warp whistle on SMB3, which I've wanted to do after I first heard about it!

FamicomFreak

I wants invests peach ds game! Good stuff! And yes, popful mail is a sweet game!