WTB: Super Mario World pirated

Started by cieniu71, October 12, 2013, 02:40:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cieniu71

Hi!

Just like in the topic. Looking for Super Mario World exactly this version - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7o4hEQr7bU

I played it once and sentiment hunt for her :)

I can pay well!

Regards, Matthew.

codeblue

Nowadays this game seems to be selling for $100+ Which in my opinion seems pretty ridicules but then again it seems like its a hard cartridge to come by,
Myself and a few people here this site have been looking for this game for quiet some time just seems like no one really has this or maybe they just don't wanna sell it which is understandable since it is rare cart.

I have given up hope for this game lol, but good luck on your hunt.

L___E___T

I read somewhere that you can make a repro of it - which, if true, is the best way to go about finding this I'd say.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

cieniu71

Too bad but I understand, because the game is really difficult to find. However, I will still be looking for.

codeblue

Quote from: L___E___T on October 12, 2013, 10:21:46 am
I read somewhere that you can make a repro of it - which, if true, is the best way to go about finding this I'd say.

Do you by any chance have a link to that article I would sure like to give it a try :)

ericj

Quote from: L___E___T on October 12, 2013, 10:21:46 am

Or, you could just play the rom through emulation and realize what a piece of shit the game is and decide it's not worth the money or time.  :crazy:

MaxXimus

I was actually half decently impressed with the game. The jumping was pretty wonky but other than that. ..

codeblue

Quote from: ericj on October 12, 2013, 12:31:45 pm
Or, you could just play the rom through emulation and realize what a piece of shit the game is and decide it's not worth the money or time.  :crazy:

Ya but the thing is people actually like collecting the physical cartridges as oppose to emulation weather the games are good or bad just look at Cheetahman and action 52, whatever it is that people like collecting there's always a rare or obscure item that people just gotta have in there collection and for video games this is one of them.
For some of us collecting is the thrill that keeps us going.

Quote from: MaxXimus on October 12, 2013, 01:05:09 pm
I was actually half decently impressed with the game. The jumping was pretty wonky but other than that. ..

Yes me too, there are a few pirates out there that are really well done donkey kong country 4 is another example of a good pirate game

ericj

October 12, 2013, 06:17:33 pm #8 Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 06:50:48 pm by ericj
Quote from: codeblue on October 12, 2013, 05:58:28 pm
Ya but the thing is people actually like collecting the physical cartridges as oppose to emulation weather the games are good or bad just look at Cheetahman and action 52, whatever it is that people like collecting there's always a rare or obscure item that people just gotta have in there collection and for video games this is one of them.

I was referring to going through the trouble of making a repro of the full version, but I can see where I was unclear and confusing. I can understand wanting the original multicart. I've been keeping an eye out for one for a couple years now. I own the single cart incomplete version already.

fcgamer

Quote from: codeblue on October 12, 2013, 05:58:28 pm

Yeah, and that is why I try to collect the real carts, and not just make "reproductions" of the carts.  Nothing too fun about just making a cart yourself, and collecting those...

The full version of the cart is now a $300 + item, iirc.

I am glad that this game / cart has received this price level, and hope that some other unlicensed Famicom games will reach this price point as well, in the future.  Some people will disagree with me on this, but the fact of the matter stands that in terms of rarity, I would speculate that the vast majority of unlicensed Famicom games are much rarer than their licensed / official counterparts, especially when examining those unlicensed games that also had boxes and manuals. 

With the full version Super Mario World, the game is hard to find, semi-good, and it is in demand.  I would never sell mine, unless I were planning on selling my entire collection, as I would never be able to find another copy, me thinks. 

Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

codeblue

yea I'm not a big fan of reproductions aswell i will only consider buying them if they are home-brews or really good hacks even then i would still rather spend my money on non-repro carts :redcart:,
i was just asking out of curiosty  ;D

L___E___T

October 13, 2013, 07:41:03 am #11 Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 07:52:14 am by L___E___T
Even at the same cost, I'd take a repro of MacBee's improvement over the original anyday.

Unfortunately, I can't find the Russian article on how to reproduce the mapper, plus I don't think macBee finished his graphics improvement either.

Still, that's my approach, to getting this.  It'll cost 10% the original as well, if you can ever find it.  Plus it'll look much nicer.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。